UKC

La Sportiva Boulder X Approach Shoe sizes?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
vaughan64 08 Nov 2012
I'm a 9 usually, which is 43, with quite a narrow foot. Having worn sportiva climbing shoes for the 5 years I know sizing can be an issue with this company. So what size do people with size 9 feet go for with the X approach shoe?
In reply to vaughan64: I wear a Katana 43 (tight)and a Boulder x 46 if that helps. I'm a shoe size 11ish and find Sportiva Approach Shoes fit like normal shoes unlike thier rockshoes.
vaughan64 08 Nov 2012
Thanks. This is helpful.
 fernie 09 Nov 2012
In reply to vaughan64: ive worn a uk 8 (42) in every shoe i have ever bought, fairly standard fit i suppose, bought boulder x a year or two ago, great for scrambling, easy climbs, instructing. However they are slightly snug fit. if you want to climb in them, take your reg size. for approach, maybe go for 1/2 size bigger.
they also have a removeable insole, which is great for climbing. cheers.
 davegs 09 Nov 2012
In reply to vaughan64:

I'm a 45 in normal shoes and a 45 in boulder x
 Nath 09 Nov 2012
In reply to vaughan64: My Boulder X (2nd pair actually) is a 41 same as I would normally buy, can't comment on climbing shoes as I have never tried La Sportiva climbing shoes.
 catt 09 Nov 2012
In reply to vaughan64:

I am a 9 in street shoes and trainers, but I took an online gamble and ordered an 8 in the Boulder X as I like my technical shoes to be a more secure fit. Very, very happy with my decision. Occasionally bump my big toe off the front on descents but otherwise very comfy. Have been up and down numerous Munros and scrambles in them, holidays, impromptu bouldering, etc.

Hopefully of some help!
 catt 09 Nov 2012
In reply to catt:

Should add that I'm probably a 'small' 9, if such a thing exists...
vaughan64 09 Nov 2012
Thank you. Very helpful.
vaughan64 09 Nov 2012
> (In reply to vaughan64) ive worn a uk 8 (42) in every shoe i have ever bought, fairly standard fit i suppose, bought boulder x a year or two ago, great for scrambling, easy climbs, instructing. However they are slightly snug fit. if you want to climb in them, take your reg size. for approach, maybe go for 1/2 size bigger.
> they also have a removeable insole, which is great for climbing. cheers.

Thank you. very useful advice.
 CharlieMack 09 Nov 2012
In reply to vaughan64:

I am a size 8 in normal shoes and most climbing shoes. And a 7 in my Katanas for a snug fit.
I've got some Sportiva B5's in a size 8 that are about a size too big for me. With thick socks, there is still a little too much room at the end for scrambling, and fits more like a walking shoe.

I'm currently selling these if you're interested?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...