UKC

REVIEW: La Sportiva TX Guide shoes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 01 Sep 2020

With a refined design that marries the confidence inspiring grip of a trail shoe, and climbing performance to match the best in its class, the TX Guide may be the most mountain-worthy approach shoe on the market, if - and it's a big if - you can get on with the unusual fit.  

Read more
 Alkis 01 Sep 2020
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

How do they compare to the Boulder X? Am I right to think that it pulls the compromise a bit more towards trail, making the sole more flexible?

What differences are there between TX Guide and TX4? To me they’re very much alike. 

galpinos 01 Sep 2020

Glad to hear these are a narrow fit as their trail shoes all feel like flippers to me, give me an Inov8 precision fit any day. Surprised by the "pointy" comment though, they look no more pointy than my Inov8 212s or Tennies?

I would love to try before I buy but I can't find a physical shop that has the sizes 44/44.5/45 in stock.

Post edited at 15:12
 timparkin 01 Sep 2020
In reply to Stefan Jacobsen:

> What differences are there between TX Guide and TX4? To me they’re very much alike. 

The TX4 has one of the very shallow doughnut lug sole and the TX Guide has a more 'mudclaw' big and grippy lugged sole. The toebox is a little more pointy, it's more like you can get your big toe more over the edge of the sole on the TX Guide. The TX Guide also appears to be less 'deep' in the toebox. TX Guide are 700g vs 760g for TX4

I've not spent a lot of time wearing them yet but I'm impressed so far!

Dominic Green 01 Sep 2020
In reply to timparkin:

glad to hear they have a bit of tread, some of the approach shoe soles are so slick: not much fun on a steep slope of wet welsh grass!

In reply to galpinos:

Guess it depends on the shape of your feet but not convinced by the sizing advice - I'm 44.5 in La Sportiva running shoes and the 45s in the TX Guides are way too big for me - swapping them for 44s.

galpinos 03 Sep 2020
In reply to featuresforfeet:

Argh! not what I wanted to hear........ You don't have a pair of Trango Cubes to compare sizes against by any chance?

In reply to galpinos:

Afraid not - my mistake; the pair I have are UK 11s (which is 45.5 not 45 as I said) but the point still stands - I'm normally a UK 10 in LS shoes which I think would fit be fine in the TXs.

Jayhigh 03 Sep 2020
In reply to galpinos:

FWIW, I’ve got a good fit in 44 Guides and am 44 in Sportiva Batura Evo, Ice Cubes and Jackals too. 

The TX Guide appears to be a great UK approach shoe (after only a month or so, anyway). 

Post edited at 18:11
 galpinos 03 Sep 2020
In reply to Jayhigh:

> FWIW, I’ve got a good fit in 44 Guides and am 44 in Sportiva Batura Evo, Ice Cubes and Jackals too. 

Hmmm, good size beta. Looks like a 45 for me.

> The TX Guide appears to be a great UK approach shoe (after only a month or so, anyway). 

That’s what I’m hoping for. Something that will cope with scrambling and wet grass/mud. The holy grail!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...