UKC

La sportive Boulder X Mid

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 llanberis36 16 Jan 2021

Have had the Boulder x shoes and rate them highly although looking for something with some ankle support 

Has anyone had the Mid version. Will be used for trekking and long mountain walks 

Any views

In reply to llanberis36:

I haven't had a pair of the mid-height ones. I did wear my old boulder X's for a 180km hike in Canada though l, because they were all I had with me, and really regretted it by day 4. The soles don't have much give in them, which never bothered me until then, but after several days the bottoms of my feet were pretty sore. It was also impossible to get them dry after they got saturated, and once they got wet the insoles scrunched up into a soggy mess. I ended up taking them out and persevering without insoles because I didn't have any other options. Added to that the sticky rubber doesn't stand up too well to long distances.

They're brilliant for what they're intended for, technical approaches, summer mountaineering etc, but not for trekking.

ewanjp 17 Jan 2021

I have the mids. I haven't actually ended up using them that much - the leather wets out easily even tho they have a goretex layer. I suspect if the UK was like the Southern alps in summer I would have worn them more often. 

I have the TX4 mids too which are better in my opinion. Tho again the sole isn't really a multi day trekking sole. 

Ridge 17 Jan 2021
In reply to pancakeandchips:

I'd agree with that. They felt ok in the shop, but eventually I came to the conclusion the Boulder X were horrible to walk any distance in.

Climber climb 19 Jan 2021
In reply to llanberis36:I’ve got the boulder mids and prefer them to my tx4’s. I find them comfier on longer walks and better for scrambling in 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...