UKC

Laptop/Office rucksack (large)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 martinph78 14 Oct 2013
Right, I'm not very organised and really need to sort it out. Looking for a pack that'll easily fit my laptop in (15", ideally in a padded section) and still have room for:

2 A4 binders (or lever arch binder)
A couple of A4 note pads
The usual college books and diary
A full stationary set (including staplers, whiteboard pens, hole punch, etc)
A 500ml water bottle and small lunch box
A micro fleece and rain coat
And if possible, a spare pair of trainers somewhere(although not essential)

It also needs to be comfortable for walking a couple of miles each way. Happy to use a rain cover for the walk in so doesn't have to be particularly waterproof.

I think the main compartment needs to be 30 litres or a bit more (for books, lunch, jacket) , with extra sections for my laptop and stationary. I want organised!

Anyone got a bag that meets the above? Most of the reviews don't show the bag with stuff in (like a lever arch file) to give a sense of size.

I like the look of the "North Face Surge 2" and "Deuter Giga Office Pro" but am not sure how big the main compartments are.

Thanks, Martin

LastBoyScout 14 Oct 2013
In reply to Martin1978:

I've got a North Face "HotShot" - ticks most of your boxes, inc padded laptop section and internal pockets. Might not be quite big enough, but, for example, I got the following in it last week:

Widescreen laptop, mouse, A4 work notebook and small pile of documents, shirt, jeans, pack towel and shower stuff, shorts, t-shirt, paddling cag, sandals, fleece jacket and freebie newspaper, with a little bit spare. Has some straps, so you could get the fleece outside.

All that for £8 in Phnom Penh
OP martinph78 15 Oct 2013
In reply to LastBoyScout: LOL, sounds just the job. Will check out Cotswolds on Saturday

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...