UKC

Lightweight or Inflatable family tents

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Denni 02 Jul 2020

Hi folks,

hope you're all well.

Our trusty 15 year old Outwell tent has finally had it which is good as it's mahoosive packed away and really heavy.

Anyway, I've had a look around for lightweight tents and inflatable tents see to come up a lot. As with anything, theres good and bad reviews and it's all a bit of a minefield so seeking advice.

We're looking for one which has 2/3 sleeping compartments to sleep up to 6 (only 4 of us), a fairly big social area and a porch for cooking. I saw the Decathlon 6-3 family inflatable tent which looks really good but as above, reviews are hit and miss although I did manage to have a really good look around one today and it does look good.

There's also the Berghaus 6 person version tent for sale locally at a really good price but again, reviews don't always tie up.

I digress, any advice about either inflatable or lightweight 4-6 person, 3 season tents greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Den 

GrahamD 02 Jul 2020
In reply to Denni:

No direct experience other than to say whenever I've been family camping in bad weather, it's the blow up tents which seem to get flattened first, followed by the lightweight glass fibre poled tents.

For family camping I'm in the heavy and solid school every time.

abr1966 02 Jul 2020
In reply to Denni:

Mate of mine has a vango airbeam....not sure which model but it has 2 sleeping pods....maybe able to set it up as 3 I think but it was 2 when I stayed in it last year. I was impressed....was fine in bad weather and putting it up was a dream. I was planning to get a smaller inflatable tent this year as ive chatted to a few people in them on campsites and everyone who has them seem to rate them....

Fobbit169 04 Jul 2020
In reply to Denni:

I just picked up the Vango Icarus 500 from Go Outdoors. It was about £190 I think good bargain and fits your requirement (not inflatable though).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...