UKC

Lightweight portable solar power for HTC Smartphone? which one?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 m8tey 09 Mar 2012
I will be away in the himalaya for 4-6 weeks and figured I could use my smartphone with kindle app and use it for mp3 etc and presumably also charge my camera .. I have been looking at options from freeloader and power monkey but was wondering if anyone has any tried and trusted opinions on which is the best device? I want something as light and efficient as possible with is also resilient. Thanks
 Tom Hutton 09 Mar 2012
In reply to m8tey: Goal Zero every time I reckon
OP m8tey 09 Mar 2012
In reply to Tom Hutton: Hi Tom .. looks good .. The specs on the website say .22kg Would this just be for the solar panel ? Could you confirm total weight for solar panel, battery pack and batteries, roughly? Thanks again
 Tom Hutton 09 Mar 2012
In reply to m8tey:
> (In reply to Tom Hutton) Hi Tom .. looks good .. The specs on the website say .22kg Would this just be for the solar panel ? Could you confirm total weight for solar panel, battery pack and batteries, roughly? Thanks again

Reckon you're on for nearer 600g with panel/batteries/cables - but it's built like a brick thingy...

OP m8tey 09 Mar 2012
In reply to m8tey: Thanks for the replies, I have got a few things to chew on now ..
OP m8tey 09 Mar 2012
In reply to m8tey: In reply to radson: Checked out the power traveller and looks good but this also seems over the half kilo weight .. I was hoping to find a solution under 300grms ? Is this unrealistic? Has anyone used the freeloader pro which looks like 250 grms with extras? Thanks again
 mark burley 10 Mar 2012
In reply to m8tey: I've used the freeloader pro with the larger rucksack panel. Not too impressed, it couldn't keep up with the kids ds usage but it gave me the excuse to leave them in the tent. And do something more constructive
OP m8tey 10 Mar 2012
In reply to mark burley: cheers for info on the freeloader .... almost looks like weight for weight I would be better off with spare batteries ... 10 spares equals 300 grms? mmm...
 radson 10 Mar 2012
In reply to m8tey:

Mate, half a kilo is with the billion adaptors provided. The solar panel and battery weigh ~150 gms.
OP m8tey 10 Mar 2012
In reply to radson: Ah! ok, that sounds a lot better .. 150 grms is great

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...