UKC

London resolers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
climbingnoob 28 Sep 2019

Hey guys!

Just wondering whether anyone has had any experience with "vibram resoles" in old st or Westway shop resoles? I'm looking for an alternative to Chida, who did a really bad job on my last two pairs of shoes! And it took over 4 months!

As bit of an experiment I've dropped off a pair of the same shoes to each of vibram and westway to see how they come out. Vibram resoles guy had a look at the work done by chida and was shocked by the poor workmanship. He said he could fix it though. I know nothing about shoes so just going on his word! I'm avoiding Chida resoles now - takes too long and poor job. Westway and Vibram shop cost £40, and they take a fraction of the time (2-3 weeks, opposed to 3+months).

Anyone know of any other climbing resole services offered in London area?

Post edited at 20:53
 yoshi.h 30 Sep 2019
In reply to climbingnoob:

https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/rock_talk/vibram_sole_factor_-_resoling_i...

I posted about the Vibram guys in London a while back - having used them twice now, I can say that they aren't perfect but better than a few other reputable services in the UK. Turnaround was brilliant at under a week both times, and price is the same as most other UK resolers. I've only had bad experiences with Chida.

Inhambane 30 Sep 2019
In reply to GMohr:

That was me in the old thred who went.  This was my first resole but i think it was OK.  They were very friendly and had good customer service.  I had 3 pairs done in two weeks. 

climbingnoob 03 Oct 2019
In reply to GMohr:

Do you have details for Geoge in greece? Wish they’d keep these threads open indefinitely. Annoying having three threads on the same subject now. UKC needs to keep threads open

Climber_Bill 03 Oct 2019

George Vlahandreas
fixarock@gmail.com

Shipping Address;
George Vlahandreas
High Tech Services
29 Thiseos St.
Maroysi 15124
Greece

phildavies84 03 Oct 2019

Hi, I've used the Stefano at Westway numerous times. He ships them to someone in Italy and they can take up to a month. However they are cheap (£35 i think with rands), and have done a much better job than any uk based resolers. This was on technical-ish La Sportivas (Miura and Katanas). 

climbingnoob 03 Oct 2019
In reply to phildavies84:

I was charged £40 with rands - dropped off two weeks ago. Will be interesting to see how they compare to the vibram guys.

climbingnoob 03 Oct 2019
In reply to Climber_Bill:

Thanks. Does he have a website or instagram/facebook page or anything? For my next resole I will try him! Going through the full list one by one!

Thumbs up for George in Greece. I’ve had five pairs resoled by him.

His craftsmanship is excellent and very reasonably priced.

Chris

Deadeye 03 Oct 2019
In reply to Christheclimber:

Another vote for George

Gear Lover 03 Oct 2019

I just posted my shoes to Cheshire Shoe Repairs, and they sent them back resoled in 4 days. The quality of the job looks good too.

Tom Last 04 Oct 2019

George is a total ledge. 

Service from him was, for me, faster, cheaper and better than anyone in the UK.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...