UKC

Maillon / Quick link anti-rotation clip

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dranoel 21 Nov 2019

Anyone got a recommendation for a clip to prevent rotation of a maillon? Something like the CT FIXGYM would be perfect ( https://www.climbingtechnology.com/en/outdoor-en/quickdraws/supports-en/fix... ) but I can't find the FIXGYM anywhere online to buy so I'm looking for alternatives that I can buy online.

Cheers, p.

jezb1 21 Nov 2019
In reply to dranoel:

My local wall uses what look like strong rubber bands on the maillons 

Nempnett Thrubwell 21 Nov 2019
In reply to dranoel:

Depending on where it is being placed - and how long it needs to be in situ - will several wraps of gaffer tap not work? 

OP dranoel 21 Nov 2019
In reply to Nempnett Thrubwell:

Needs to be quick and easy to clip on and remove as the maillon will be placed and removed frequently. Sorry, should have specified that.

OP dranoel 21 Nov 2019
In reply to jezb1:

That's interesting, I might experiment with some of the stronger bands you get on asparagus and suchlike at the supermarket.

In reply to dranoel:

> That's interesting, I might experiment with some of the stronger bands you get on asparagus and suchlike at the supermarket.

And they claim climbing is not a middle class sport. 

Gavin 21 Nov 2019
In reply to Presley Whippet:

What about these https://www.outletinn.com/prix-discount/salewa-maillon-twist-lock/1323540/p which the English translation of the webpage says are instock.

Also worth a call would be the Big Depot in Leeds who have a much simpler plastic clip on their maillons that is just a horizontal bar that gives more room in the maillon.  I tried looking for the design online, but couldn't find anything in google images.

Gavin

OP dranoel 21 Nov 2019
In reply to Gavin:

I'll swing by big depot first, as that might be the cheapest option. But the Salewa and Kong gear look like they'll work and I can order both online, so looks like I'll have a solution either way.

Thanks all!

OliverR17 04 Dec 2019
In reply to dranoel:

I'm very curious as to what requires a mallion that needs crossloading inhibition, but also needs placing and removing frequently... top rope solo set up? 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...