UKC

Mammut Magic High fit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ScraggyGoat 25 Jan 2021

In a normal world I'd go down the shops test the patience of their staff while trying on umpteen pairs of boots, walking round in circles, kicking walls, playing with socks and insoles, and if they fitted swallow the cost, but more often than not having to get something else ordered in, or wandering off to try elsewhere.  However this option isn't practical at the moment.

Can anyone advise on the fit and sizing of Mammuts, particularly Magic High boots or similar, as I've never found a shop with them in to test in the right size.

In terms of feet, mine are relatively broad at the front and much narrower at the heel.

Winter Boots B2/B3 that have worked for me in the past:

Solomon Mountain 9's (both standard and thermic versions), some Asolo's (but not the broad peak GV, front toe box is great, but fractionally too much ift at the heel, feels fine to start with)

Ones that haven't:

Scrapa's in general, have tried over the years; Matterhorns, Rebels, Mont Blancs and Freney XT's (Close but no cigar).  Also out are Hanwag bunion wide fit, and La Sportiva Nepal types ~ too harsh a walking action.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...