UKC

Mammut monolith

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hey Folks, in the market for some B2 boots.
Have a pair of Scarpa Chamoz but too small at 42, turns out i need 42.5 in most boots, very annoying.

Anyway potential candidate is the Monolith. I was very surprised to find that this along with Sportiva trango and others are now very flexible. B2 used to be far more ridged or is that just me? I appreciate that once the crampon is on it will be much more solid.

Any one used the monolith, would you recommend? I also have fears on the warmth of these boots any experience? I am thinking alps potential for easyish routes.
Cheers folks
Colin
 gdnknf 29 Jan 2014
In reply to bedsforsleepypeople:
I worked in an outdoor shop for a while and ended up spending a day plodding around in Monoliths. While it's not the same as going on a mountain I did get a feel for them and decided I couldn't get on the them. The pair I tried had an unusual asymmetrical ankle that, while provided a good amount of support didn't allow me a great deal of movement. I wouldn't say they were flexible for B2. No more flexible than anything else I have tried.

You need to try them on I guess.
Post edited at 21:02
 BAdhoc 30 Jan 2014

I've found the mammut magics have a nicer fit for myself with just as much support. But it seems to be pretty much 50/50 with people who prefer monoliths over magics
 Paul Troon 30 Jan 2014

I have found them great all round boot i have the monolith and mamook, the monolith comes in a bit narrow. i did get them steam stretched, go and try them

Paul
 squirrel00 30 Jan 2014
In reply to Paul Troon:

hi paul where did you get them stretched as the toe box on my right foot starts to rub after a few hrs i have approached a well known high st store what deals with stretching and repairs but refused to do it as they said it was not possible due to the rubber rand ,cheers stuart
Thanks folks. Tried magics too and found the monolith a touch stiffer. Think i will go for them. Any use in the alps, how were they for warmth?

EDIT: just found a bit of tech blurb saying 'Insulation value: -20 °C (EN ISO 20344)'.
Post edited at 12:56
 Paul Troon 30 Jan 2014
In reply to squirrel00:
Hi
Cotswold did them no charge
Post edited at 14:55
 squirrel00 30 Jan 2014
In reply to Paul Troon:

cheers mate

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...