UKC

Miura lace

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dinodinosaur 15 Feb 2020

I want to try on the miura lace as I'm looking for a new pair of shoes for harder trad routes/onsight sport (steep slab-vert-gently overhung) now the 5:10 Blancos are being discontinued.

However I can't find them in a shop anywhere in the UK to try on. Does anyone have any idea where I might be able to find a pair to try on?

Also any other suggestions for shoes that could fit this job? I've tried a few different shoes on so far but not found anything I like as much as the Blanco. 

Cheers

GoneFishing111 15 Feb 2020
In reply to dinodinosaur:

If you can, order more than one pair from somewhere online - i use alpinetrek. Easy returns, can keep hold of all of them for a while so you can get a feel for what fits best without having to make up your mind on the spot in the shop.

Sorry i cant help on shoe suggestions.

Tigger 15 Feb 2020

Unparallel UPlace is ment to be a near Blanco equivelant i think. The new version Sarpa Lace are also stiffer than they use to be I think. And I think the Miura VS is stiffer than the Lace version isn't it?

Oh Scarpa Boostics (now my go to stiff shoe) fits me perfectly and edges on stuff i never thought would take my weight.

Regards

Michael

Post edited at 14:51
 brianjcooper 15 Feb 2020

Not see Miura laces in shops for ages. Fortunately I bought two pairs at the same time. Forward planning.   

As another poster says maybe try online.  Rock + Run sell them.

FYI: You'll probably know the 'laces' are lined and quite comfortable. Mine stretched slightly which was great for my feet.

The 'VS' despite the same name is Velco and unlined and mine didn't stretch. Ouch! More of a drop toe too which I found uncomfortable.

Depends on your foot shape I guess.

Hope some of this helps.  See an earlier Thread by I think ChrisBrooke.

Wise 15 Feb 2020
In reply to brianjcooper:

Banana Fingers in Bristol has Muira laces that you can try on.

Wise

RR 15 Feb 2020
In reply to Tigger:

Comparing the Unparallel UPlace versus Muira’s (Lace and VS) I find the Unparallel UPlace as stiff and stickier then Blanco’s as far as I can remember Blanco’s well. But the form of the Unparallel UPlace is way different from the Muira’s (and Blanco’s) less pointy so harder to get them in limestone pockets, is sometimes not so easy, but as said unparalleled good rubber on the UPlace. Muira’s VS is more stiff then the Muira lace, as Mike said. A good alternative, though more sensitive (little bit softer) to the Muira lace is the Tenaya Masia. 

Tigger 15 Feb 2020
In reply to RR:

Good points about the pockets, however based ny my GF's experience the Masais soften up no end and bagged out way more than Pinks do.

eaf4 15 Feb 2020

Sorry to hijack this thread, do the new Maura lace fit the same as the old, does anyone know?

PaulW 15 Feb 2020

Rock On sell the Miura lace

And, for me, the fit on the new ones is the same as the old ones.

alx 15 Feb 2020

What size are you? I’m about to sell a pair of muira lace Ondra editions which are almost brand new, worn around the house to test the fit. 

Blanche DuBois 15 Feb 2020
In reply to PaulW:

> Rock On sell the Miura lace

Wonder who did their web-site - the owners 10 year old nephew I suspect.

Wise 15 Feb 2020
In reply to eaf4:

The fit is similar enough that you won't notice after a couple of sessions but it isn't quite the same.

PaulW 16 Feb 2020
In reply to Blanche DuBois:

> Wonder who did their web-site - the owners 10 year old nephew I suspect.

They don't really do web sites, unusual for these modern times.

If you live near any of the stores they do have a wide range of stuff though

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...