UKC

NEW REVIEW: Mont Blanc - The Finest Routes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 10 Sep 2013
Mont Blanc - The Finest Routes, 4 kbJack Geldard takes a look at the new coffee table book to the Mont Blanc range...

"The overall feel of the book is very well polished. The photography in general is fantastic.."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=5777

In reply to UKC Gear:I've got it. It's amazing. Some truly fantastic images in there.
In reply to UKC Gear: Do you know who did the translation?
 Reach>Talent 11 Sep 2013
In reply to Double Knee Bar:
I've just had a copy turn up on my desk, looks brilliant! Very pretty and some good descriptions as well, I just need to buy a decent coffee table to put it on now.
 Jack Geldard 11 Sep 2013
In reply to Tom Chamberlain: Hi Tom,

Paul Henderson did the translation.

Cheers,

Jack
 Doug 11 Sep 2013
In reply to Jack Geldard - UKC Chief Editor: Wondered if there would ever be a review (or was the English edition published several months after the French ?)

Looks lovely in the shop, but I've not bought a copy (yet)so haven't really read it
saclimber2000 11 Sep 2013
In reply to UKC Gear: The topo for the North Face of the Petit Dru in this book is wrong in a couple of places. The distances on certain pitches and the top section with the location of the hole after the M3 pitch (its actually a further 3 pitches up a chimney after the M3).
 Andrewjg 11 Sep 2013
In reply to saclimber2000:
Lets forgive them the odd error. After all, your average punter on that route is unlikely to have those pages stuffed down his shirt!

Photos look superb - my only issue is that this ups the ante significantly for the area. It definitely isn't a new Rebuffat (that would be unfair on Monsieur Batoux and the photographers) and , for mere chubby mortals like me, the top 65 seem out of reach, rather than the top 35.

I know that it's in a different league, but the Italian "Classi et Plaisir" selection seems more balanced (but not as photogenic).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...