UKC

Montane Endurance v Rab Latok

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Tyler Durden 05 Oct 2013
Hi All,

I am looking for some advice or experiences of the Maontane Endurance and the Rab Latok, just cant make my mind up. Any help or thoughts on the ses jackets appreciated.

Many tahnks
 BnB 05 Oct 2013
In reply to Tyler Durden: Unless you're a fan of eVent (and I don't know why anyone would be compared to new Goretex Pro) look at the new ME Tupilak. Better than either. IMO of course.
Tyler Durden 05 Oct 2013
In reply to BnB:

Thanks for your reply, I';ve just worn out a Rab Super Dru and really liked the event. More food for thought there tho, cheers
 Oceanic 05 Oct 2013
In reply to Tyler Durden:

Go for the one which fits you best. Fit will affect the performance of the jacket more than anything else.
Tyler Durden 05 Oct 2013
In reply to Oceanic: Good point , thanks
 Dino Dave 05 Oct 2013
In reply to Tyler Durden: All of this is in my oppinion but.. For some differences - The Rab is lighter and it feels a lot lighter. However, the Montane has a much more bombproof feel to it. Its not heavy, but just heavier and it feels like it would last a lot longer! The Rab's 'faceguard?' is really obtrusive when zipped up. It sits very high and I can barely see out of it! It also just feels like a funnel for spindrift it sits so far out. The Montane is much better shaped in that area, protecting your face but totally unobtrusive (to me anyway!). The Montane also has, in my oppinion, a much better fit. 'Baggy' in the sense you can fit more layers under it but it doesn't feel huge on you like you've sized up. The Rab only has 2 napoleon chest pockets (maybe a ski pass pocket, but I dont think so) and no pit zips. The Montane has two chest napoleon pockets, 2 deep a-line pockets for your hands, and pit zips which when zipped up, point backwards and not up into your armpit - a brilliant touch! It also feels much more well made than the Rab. It has a higher stitch count per square inch and just feels like care has gone into it. The Montane has a hem cord and a waist cord - not sure what the rab has (doing this of the top of my head!) Both have lots of other little features though (internal pockets, vents etc)

As you can probably tell, I prefer the Montane, but the Rab is also a brilliant and popular jacket. Any questions just ask - I can see them both side by side.

PS, the Montane Endurance looks epic in blue!! And I don't like blue jackets. Haven't seen it in the other colours in person.
Tyler Durden 06 Oct 2013
In reply to Tyler Durden:
Hi David, thanks for your reply. My Super Dru was the same in the 'face covering department' always thought it was too high. After reading your comments with regards to the construction of the jacket I think I'm swaying moe towrds Montane. I'll try one and if its fits well I think I'll go for it.

Thanks for your help

Phil
 Dino Dave 06 Oct 2013
In reply to Tyler Durden: The Rab is still a very well made jacket but yeah, the montane is awesome. Try them both if you can. As others say, the fit is vital.
 Dino Dave 06 Oct 2013
In reply to Tyler Durden: oh, and I've just realised that I've been on about the latok alpine jacket... Big difference. Make sure you see them both! Basically ignore everything I said about the Rab and the comparisons. I've not seen the Latok - just the Latok alpine. Sorry about that
Tyler Durden 06 Oct 2013
In reply to Tyler Durden: No worries DavidRex,
i thought you were talking about the alpine LAtok when you mentioned the 2 pockets! My missus has the alpine and loves it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...