UKC

Most Rugged Waterproof rucksack cover.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 guffers_hump 21 Sep 2021

Yo,

I'm looking for the most rugged and reliable waterproof rucksack cover as I will be buying a new rucksack soon and I know that it won't come with one.

The best one so far that I have seen was my GF's Lowe Alpine one but it has a clip that goes round the back near the straps and the Aiguille Alpine 35Ltr bag I want to get will cause this to stick into my spine. On the lowe alpine bag it has one of those cool back net things so won't stick into the users back.

Does people have some good recommendations for covers.

Cheers!

stevevans5 21 Sep 2021
In reply to guffers_hump:

How about a drybag inside instead of a cover? I have the Karrimor ones as they are cheap and fairly robust 

OP guffers_hump 21 Sep 2021
In reply to stevevans5:

I do have a dry bags for important stuff. But a cover just stops the rucksack getting heavy when soaking up water.

LastBoyScout 21 Sep 2021

Treat the outside of the bag with Fabsil, or something?

Buy the Lowe Alpine one and modify the strap to move the clip somewhere else?

Kryank 21 Sep 2021

+ 1 for the rucksack internal liner / dry bag. I have a winter bag that is bombproof (Deuter Guide 35+), which is waterproof, but for my summer day bags I use a 20l dry bag inside them. I always found the external covers a bit of a faff. 

TobyA 21 Sep 2021

What is your rucksack made out of? Some very old canvas material?

Kalna_kaza 21 Sep 2021

If you're set on a pack cover I wouldn't get bogged down on which is the most rugged. Most are fairly light, fully water proof and will stop your pack getting drenched. A drawstring is very useful if it's windy but will add slightly more weight.

I mainly use one if I have a larger pack which doesn't comfortably fit within the small porch of my Alpkit Solo tent. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...