UKC

Mouldy Down Jacket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 eugeneth 09 Nov 2013
Hi, Anyone had experience in getting mouldy downjackets cleaned?

Mine has got mould on the pertex outer from a mould infestation in the house and I am worried it may have got into the down. Has anyone had this happen and had the jacket cleaned/cleaned themselves successfully?

Tips welcome

Cheers
 CurlyStevo 10 Nov 2013
In reply to eugeneth:
I would try washing it. google what to do but basically 30 degree delicates wash with pure soap then tumble dry at launderete low to med setting with 2 tennis balls in the machine to break up the clumps of down and reloft
needvert 10 Nov 2013
In reply to eugeneth:

My down jacket survived a front loader fine. Washing it wasn't a big deal, neither was throwing it in the dryer after wards.

Have a top loader now that I'm not game to try it in (partly because i think its much more likely to tear and then I suspect both the jacket and the washing machine will be unusable afterwards.)
 marsbar 10 Nov 2013
In reply to eugeneth: I would use white vinegar on it and then wash and dry as usual for down jackets.
OP eugeneth 10 Nov 2013
Thanks everyone!! Will give it a go later
 marsbar 23 Nov 2013
In reply to eugeneth:

Any joy? Did the mould come out?
 sebrider 24 Nov 2013
In reply to eugeneth: Now you are not a student you can buy a new one! Then that leaves a scabby jacket for abusing and a shiny jacket to go with the beanie and bouldering mat when needing to be fashionable at the crag

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...