UKC

Neoair XTherm

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ScraggyGoat 27 Sep 2021

Neoair xtherm regular, boney and wriggly side sleepers do you find the mat edge collapse too irritating ?

Any other thoughts gratefully appreciated.

Garethza 27 Sep 2021
In reply to ScraggyGoat:

I have the XLite and haven’t had an issue with sleeping on my side, it feels downright luxurious after using an alpkit mat ! 

olddirtydoggy 27 Sep 2021
In reply to ScraggyGoat:

I personally find it fine as I turn on 3 positions through the night. A hip flask does help.

spenser 27 Sep 2021
In reply to Garethz:

Anything to do with the valve on the Alpkit mat failing? I've had at least 3 of them go over the years! Not planning on buying another of their pads.

Garethza 28 Sep 2021
In reply to spenser:

No, the valve was alright for inflation.. until you wanted to deflate the mat then it was nigh on impossible to get all the air out of the damn thing! 

LastBoyScout 28 Sep 2021
In reply to Garethza:

> No, the valve was alright for inflation.. until you wanted to deflate the mat then it was nigh on impossible to get all the air out of the damn thing! 

Are you talking about the Cloudbase or the Numo?

random_watcher 28 Sep 2021
In reply to ScraggyGoat:

I'm a pretty active side sleeper and eventually sold my NeoAir xLite after spending too many nights sliding off it.

I've replaced it with an Exped Downmat UL Winter which I find more comfortable and sleep better on, obviously the trade off is it is a bit bulkier and heavier but not unmanageable. 

laughitup 28 Sep 2021
In reply to ScraggyGoat:

Couple of strategically placed strips of electrical tape helps with slippery mats. Or dots of silicone seam sealer if you prefer something more permanent.

Garethza 28 Sep 2021
In reply to LastBoyScout:

Cloudbase

LastBoyScout 28 Sep 2021
In reply to Garethza:

> Cloudbase

Interesting - I was looking at one of those and then bought a cheap copy version. On testing it, I had much the same issue getting the air out and there seems to be a bit of a technique for rolling it to do it effectively.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...