UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: New Eastern Grit - Pre-order now and free on Rockfax Digital until 1 June

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 04 May 2022

We are very excited to announce the publication of a new and fully-updated edition of Eastern Grit: the most popular climbing area in the UK.

Read more

Wizzy 04 May 2022
In reply to UKC Gear:

Any chance of a new Western Grit coming soon?

Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 04 May 2022
In reply to Wizzy:

> Any chance of a new Western Grit coming soon?

I will be starting work on it next week - so don't hold your breath!

Chris

Wizzy 04 May 2022
In reply to Chris Craggs:

Ah brilliant! 

Neil Foster Global Crag Moderator 16 May 2022
In reply to UKC Gear:

I hope the topo on the Rockfax app for the North Bay at Millstone, isn't the one going in the printed guidebook.  It's completely wrong.....

Neil

In reply to Neil Foster:

That is a strange scaling bug in the app. We are still trying to figure out what happened there. Got a few other minor digital-only bugs to sort before rolling out an update. Book is fine.

Alan

Neil Foster Global Crag Moderator 16 May 2022
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Thank goodness for that!

lithos 16 May 2022

looks good but don't think many green spot climbers will be tackling My Kai at Shinning Cliff !

My Kai (E8 6c)

TobyA 16 May 2022
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Talking of bugs - I mentioned last week I had problems with the order of buttress in the update. As suggested I deleted all the crags in Eastern Grit, this wasn't as straightforward as I expected - they didn't all delete automatically, some would go but then the deleting would stop so I'd need to force close the app, relaunch it and delete the next few.

Finally I got rid of all of them, closed the app, re-launched it and downloaded all the crags again. This seems to have fixed the order of the buttresses issue, but unfortunately, now (like with all the Peak Limestone crags) I can't log routes through the app. Indeed trying to log a climb usually crashes the topo back to the crag intro page or even just closes the whole app.

Anyone else seeing this? Because it used to work great, it's vaguely annoying when the feature stops working.

In reply to lithos:

>  looks good but don't think many green spot climbers will be tackling My Kai at Shinning Cliff !

This is an android issue that displays some white spot routes incorrectly. A solution is being worked on.

Alan

Graeme Hammond 16 May 2022
In reply to TobyA:

Talking of loging climbs and bugs: If using ukc on my phone if I log a boulder problem "Sent after Practice" is nolonger an option under style unless I add the problem to my logbook then edit the style afterwards.

Post edited at 19:08
In reply to Graeme Hammond:

I’ll take a look into this

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...