UKC

New Nomics and Pur'Ice picks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 J Whittaker 07 Nov 2018

Im considering buying a pair of the new Nomics that would be used on the indoor tooling circuit, outdoor tooling and for winter climbing.

They are a fairly pricey bit of new kit and come as standard with the pur'ice pick. Having read the review on alpine start of these tools it looks like my best all round pick would be the Dry but that's another load of cash on top of the tools themselves.

My question is, how much of a difference is it going to make doing the above on the pur'ice picks than on dry picks? Is it worth stumping up another £70 for picks straight away.

In reply to J Whittaker:

For indoor tooling, you would be better of with some of the aftermarket comp picks from Russia or Poland. Google kuznia spelzu or krukonogi. Or just use the ice picks till they wear out or bend. 

Climber Phil 08 Nov 2018
In reply to J Whittaker:

The pur ice that come with the nomics have a relaxed pick angle to aid placements in ice.  This makes them the best ice pick I’ve used so far, but they are only b rated. For all round I’d agree and go with the dry picks, for the comps I’d be tempted with the pur dry picks. I’ve used them and am very impressed so far.  

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...