UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: New Rockcity climbing holds workbook

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 15 Mar 2018
Rockcity thumb, 3 kbRockcity Climbing Holds has been around for a couple of years now. With more new shapes released, in the latest cutting edge materials we decided to catch up with some of climbing's greatest inspirations who we have been fortunate to work with and to mark the first edition of the Rockcity Climbing Holds Workbook.

Read more
 yodadave 15 Mar 2018
In reply to UKC Gear:

£311 for 16 medium size holds!!!!!!!!!!!!

can someone explain why the UK hold market looks so so different to the US?

Is Trump subsidising PU?

Is this article aimed at routesetters who don't care about budgets? I'm honestly very confused. The only thing I know for sure is whats gonna be in my luggage after my next trip to the US.

Rockcity 15 Mar 2018
In reply to yodadave:

Hi Dave

Website prices are retail prices, walls and setters usually get significant discounts based on the volume of the order.

Yes, the latest PUs are twice the price of of the older PE hold technology.  In fact we actually send orders to the US so it all depends on what you are looking for really.  You can buy cheaper versions of PU here in the UK too, again for close to half the price of ours. 

The PU we use is Dannomond, tested in the at the busiest centre in the country, The Castle and between our brand and other major european hold brands are exporting a significant amount to the US.

We are pretty certain that you would struggle to clear customs with all the holds needed to open a commercial gym in your luggage.

the Rockcity Climbing Holds team

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...