UKC

New style five ten anasazi

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Quiddity 17 Aug 2010
Noticed this on climbing narc. New five ten anasazis - apparently designed for vertical to slightly overhanging rock - ie. what most of us climb most of the time.

http://www.splitterchoss.com/2010/08/12/best-of-summer-outdoor-retailer-201...
http://www.rockclimbing.com/Articles/Gear_and_Reviews/Outdoor_Retailer_Summ...

Lace up (Quantum) and velcro (arrowhead) versions. They look a bit like the pink but with a slightly dragonish aggressive toe. Stealth mystique rubber apparently.

Also a new version of the Moccasym.

Anyone have any more info? Any idea whether these will be available in the UK? Out of interest, was there any sign of these at the UK trade shows?
OP Quiddity 17 Aug 2010
In reply to plexiglass_nick:

My mistake, I mean any sign of these at the OutDoor show in Friedrichshafen?
 bouldery bits 17 Aug 2010

Why are all the new rock shoes Orange.
 galpinos 17 Aug 2010

There's a thread about them on the other channel.
OP Quiddity 17 Aug 2010
In reply to galpinos:

Aah I'm reading it now. Cheers.
 IainWhitehouse 17 Aug 2010
In reply to galpinos: I already wrote a couple of long answers on the other channel.

In brief, the Arrowhead and Quantum look promising but we're reserving judgement until we can test them. The Hornet looks ace but will be aimed at a niche market. We weren't impressed with the Blackwing as it stood but there may be substantial changes before it comes out. Or it may be axed.

They will be available in the UK from Spring11 (which usually means around April)

Iain
OP Quiddity 17 Aug 2010
In reply to IainWhitehouse:

Thanks Iain - I've caught up with the other channel now. What are the Hornets aimed at? Cheers.
hezy 22 Aug 2010
In reply to IainWhitehouse: I mustnt be looking hard enough cos I cant find the Hornets... which ones are they?
 joe.91 24 Aug 2010
In reply to galpinos: where's the other thread, can't find it?
 IainWhitehouse 24 Aug 2010
In reply to hezy: The Green spangly ones that Ned has been wearing lately. Superficially a replacement for the Project but initially felt much better to me. I've only had them on my feet for ten minutes though. I'm hoping to give them a proper test soon.
 IainWhitehouse 24 Aug 2010
In reply to gt4_joe: It's titled "FiveTen Blackwing" or similar. The OP was asking about the new 'velcro dragon'.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...