UKC

Nomic wobbly head: any luck with warranty?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GraMc 16 Feb 2021

As per title - anyone had any joy getting a warranty claim through lyon or retailer? I've seen the various fixes so will pursue that it not. 

Nathan Adam 16 Feb 2021
In reply to GraMc:

Old or new model? I struggled hard with them for about a month with a pair I had that started wobbling after 8 routes, and I think they only caved because I worked in an outdoor shop at the time and they sent me a new pair. 

The updated version is supposed to have the plastic insert that stops the head from wobbling so you may have more luck with that but my (and others) experience with Lyon and their warranty handling is not good. 

OP GraMc 16 Feb 2021
In reply to Nathan Adam:

Cheers!

Old model without the insert - and have actually held out pretty well if I'm honest based on how quickly others have failed. Might just go with the bodge fix

DaveHK 16 Feb 2021
In reply to GraMc:

> Might just go with the bodge fix

Done right it's a proper fix, I've got one that's going strong 3 or 4 seasons after the fix. However, if you're going down that route better to do it sooner rather than later. I did a mates a few weeks back and it was a more difficult and less satisfactory fix because of the damage to the top of the shaft.

Edit: If you're going for it PM me and I'll send you some rivets, I ended up with a big box of them!

Post edited at 19:43
OP GraMc 16 Feb 2021
In reply to DaveHK:

That would be amazing! I'll PM you.

Out of interest what size rivet did you use? The other options I've seen with the screw in bolts slightly worry me as you need to drill out the hole to a much larger diameter - have you managed to do it with less drilling out with these?

DaveHK 16 Feb 2021
In reply to GraMc:

YHM.

HeMa 17 Feb 2021
In reply to DaveHK:

Out of curiosity, did you also squeeze the shaft for a tighter fit?

I recall you added epoxy between the head and shaft, plus re-did the rivest.

I was just wondering, if you could try to also squeeze the shaft, with say a strong hose-clamp.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...