UKC

Nordisk Halland 2 LW

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 John R 15 Jun 2017
Anyone any experience of this as a lightweight tent? Particularly interested in any views of the floor, but all comments welcome. There don't seem to be many around, but on paper it looks as though it might be what I'm looking for. John.
 Solaris 15 Jun 2017
In reply to John R:
I looked at one recently and decided that for my purposes (wind!) a Nallo 2 was definitely worth the greater expense and weight. The porch on the Nordisk is bigger but not as flexibly accessible. Nice design but generally less strong construction than Nallo. Don't remember much about the floor in particular, but it is definitely thin. (Thanks to the very helpful people at the Climbers Shop in Stony Stratford for pitching both and letting me have a thorough look at them, side by side.)

What purpose do you have in mind? Personally, I wouldn't be confident in a Halland anywhere in the UK in any season given how windy it can get. They make claims about withstanding ca. 50mph winds and have vids to support, but 50 mph is not much in the UK hills. Glenbrittle in a summer storm?!
Post edited at 23:30
OP John R 15 Jun 2017
In reply to Solaris:
Thank you for that. I share some of your reservations, but still think it might suit my purpose. I already have a Nammatj 2 GT, which I use for"serious" outings, but am looking for something light for 2/3 season overnighters, probably planned around mainly reasonable weather. I have considered a Nallo, but felt the weight and pack size didn't offer enough advantage over the Nammatj. Anyway, thank you for your thoughts. Wasn't life easy when it was a Vango Force Ten or a poly bag as the only choice! John
 Solaris 17 Jun 2017
In reply to John R:

Sounds like you know what you're doing (hard to tell without a profile). I was seriously impressed by how light the Halland felt in the hand, but if weight and pack size were critical and I didn't need the interior height (for complicated medical reasons), I'd be looking at a Scarp tent or similar, I think.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...