UKC

Odd Sized Feet / Rock Shoes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Robin Woodward 27 Mar 2014

Hi,

I've seen a couple of threads about this, but wondered if anyone has ever tried to match people with odd sized feet up?

I have a Wide UK size 8 Left foot, and an extra wide (equivalent of wide size 12) UK 6.5 Right foot.

I've tried buying UK 7.5 shoes for both feet, but they're crippling for my left, although workable for my right.

I generally wear rock shoes in UK 8-8.5 on my Left foot and UK 7-7.5 on my Right Foot.

Hence I have just bought 2 pairs of Five-ten Galileos from America size 7 & 8, so if anyone is interested in a Size 8 right foot or size 7 left foot in these shoes, or any others in future, message me.

Would love to find my opposite!!! (or at least someone who can take/give me one shoe in the future)
Post edited at 11:54
 jon 27 Mar 2014
In reply to Robin UK:

There aren't many of us about... sadly I can't help though as I'm 42/43 left and 40 right. I buy Sportiva Cobras (which stretch miles) in size 40.5 and they seem to work for me. The secret is finding shoes that really stretch - Galileos don't - even help them along by soaking them and wearing them about the house. Good luck with your quest!
 gdnknf 27 Mar 2014
In reply to Robin UK:

UK 9.5/10 on the left and UK 8 on the right when properly measured. I think my rock shoes are a little smaller than that though.

I reckon I would get a right 8 Galileo on. I probably have a size 8 left in something if you want it - I have an assortment of various shoes lying around from buying two pairs but would have to look for them to know exactly what I have!
In reply to Robin UK:

I have a size 43/9 left and a size 42/8 right, so if any one would like the opposite pair or a single get intouch
 gdnknf 18 Apr 2014
In reply to Robin UK:

Hi.

I thought I would give this thread another bump as I have three odd shoes (two in brand new condition!) if anyone wants to swap? Generally I am a half size larger in more technical shoes/tight fit and half size smaller in relaxed fit.

Evolv Bandit: Right (NEW, size UK 9, tight fit) - will swap for a right size UK 7-7.5
Evolv Bandit: Left (NEW, size UK 7.5, tight fit) - will swap for a left size UK 8-9
Boreal Joker: Right (LIGHT USE, size UK 9, relaxed fit) - will swap for right size UK 7-7.5

I hope there is someone out the with the opposite feet to me!

Cheers.
 NottsRich 18 Apr 2014
In reply to Robin UK:

Great thread. Hope this is still going next time I buy new rock shoes.
In reply to gdnknf:

I have a UK size 8.5 gambit right shoe. It's hardly used because I accidentally threw its partner in the sea after a week. Looking for a left shoe in UK size 9ish, or I'm willing to part with the right. I would take a Galileo.
 Scott K 22 Apr 2014
In reply to Robin UK:

I bought a different sized pair direct from Evolv in the States. You pay a little extra and obviously only useful if you like Evolv.
 Mr Lopez 22 Apr 2014
In reply to jon:
Have you tried asking at au vieux campeur in Sallanches, Jon?

Last i was there (couple of years ago though) they had a pile of shoes heavily reduced in price, which on close inspection were pairs of odd sizes, so either some disgruntled staff member had the last laugh before quitting or they may be selling odd pairs on request.

Anyway, if you want a smaller right shoe i may be able to offer a trade at some point in the (hopefully) near future. My feet are 41, i use Cobras size 38,5, but by the time i'll get back to climbing my right foot will likely still be swollen and i'll be after a bigger right shoe.

Robin

I don't use 5.10 because they make me cry like a little girl after 2 minutes of wearing them on anything where i actually have to put weight through my feet, but as with Jon above, if you are willing to change camp the once i think from what i remember of 5.10 sizing (other than 2 pairs of the same size can in reality be 2 sizes apart) our feet won't be too far off.
Post edited at 13:00
In reply to Mr Lopez:

Hey, thanks for the heads up.

I will get in contact with Evolv and see what comes of that.

Will be heading down to Cham in the summer, so may check out au vieux campeur.

Sadly when the Five-Ten shoes finally arrived, they'd sent US sizes (despite me specifically clarifying, and asking for a receipt which never turned up to confirm). So now looking to shift UK size 6 and UK size 7 shoes

Shoes I have kicking around (UK sizes):

-Little Used Boreal Krypto Size 7.5 Left
-Unused Red Chilli Corona Size 6.5 Right
-Used but still plenty of life Red Chilli Corona Size 7.5 Left
-Unused Size 6 & 7 pairs of Five-Ten Galileos
 jon 22 Apr 2014
In reply to Mr Lopez:

> Have you tried asking at au vieux campeur in Sallanches, Jon?

Thanks for that Lopez but I've moved to Provence now. Unfortunately, despite it's generous supply of sunny crags, it is a desert as far as (good) climbing shops are concerned.

> ... which on close inspection were pairs of odd sizes, so either some disgruntled staff member had the last laugh before quitting or they may be selling odd pairs on request.

More likely folk like us walking out with odd pairs?!

> I don't use 5.10 because they make me cry like a little girl after 2 minutes

I don't use them as I like something resembling rubber on the soles of my shoes, not cardboard! Cobras, eh? A man's shoe!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...