UKC

Odd sized feet / rock shoes.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jon 13 Jun 2014
Further to this now locked thread http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=582653 I went to the Andrea Boldrini factory in Romans yesterday. They have a boutique in the factory and will sell directly to you. More importantly for €10 extra you can have odd sized shoes. You have to order them as they make them specially rather than breaking up a couple of pairs. This takes approximately two weeks. They will do mail order to the UK too, but obviously you'll have to try them on in the UK to get the right size. Maybe UK shops that carry them can get the deal too? Must be said that yesterday probably wasn't the ideal day to be trying new rock shoes as it was 35°C... oh well, we'll see in a couple of weeks.
 jdomw 13 Jun 2014
In reply to jon:

Thanks Jon. Really helpful information. I'm a full size different and causes a real headache.

For anyone else looking for split sized pairs, I've had a split sized pair from Boreal as well, but they do charge 50% extra and are made to order so take a couple of weeks. Bought mine through Cold Mountain Kit. I've been in touch with Scarpa who totally refused to consider a split size and wouldn't tell me why. I'm guessing the smaller companies have more flexible production processes which makes it easier for them to do.

Will be going to find some Boldrini shoes to try on this weekend!
OP jon 13 Jun 2014
In reply to jdomw:

> Will be going to find some Boldrini shoes to try on this weekend!

You have to like yellow!

jdomw 13 Jun 2014
In reply to jon:

So I see! They'll go with my banana habit. Though I'd be happy for them to be pink polka dots if they fit my feet...

Sorry if I'm repeating information about Borel etc that was in the other thread. I didn't see that at the time and can't access the replies now.

Just in case someone has the opposite of me I take roughly a 6.5-7 right foot and 7.5-8 left foot, both quite wide. If you're my mirror image let me know and maybe one day it might prove useful!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...