UKC

Old Vango Spririt 200+ beyond repair?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

I've had a Vango TBS Spirit 200+ for around 18 years. It's had plenty use and is probably dead...

I had forgotten the last time I was out in it that we'd had to repair 2 sections and the pole joins where they'd fatigued and cracked. At present, the list of repairs that need to be carried out/issues are:

- 6 pole sections (inc. one of the bent apex mini sections) with various degrees of fatigue cracking

- Groundsheet no longer very waterproof

- probably needs seam sealed

- Zip got replaced a few years back for £30

I "like" to repair, rather than replace but I've always found this tent to be quite awkward to sit up in a cook in if you're stuck in it for long periods in the rain and it's got such a long footprint that it needs a decent, long flat spot to pitch.

That said, it's been totally reliable in big storms (60+ mph winds in Lofoten) and I'm struggling to bin it. Also not sure what to replace it with.

Should I call time?

Tigger 26 Apr 2022
In reply to Alasdair Fulton:

If it was just a case of the floor leaking I'd say re-seal it with a coat or two of fabsil gold (exterior side). But considering the price if Fabsil + Pole replacement + seam sealer it's probably more money and hassle than its worth. There's plenty of second hand tents Facebook marketplace atm.

Edit I picked up the F10 version of yours a while back the Nito 200+ (now called Xenon 200+). Cracking little second hand tent tbh, cost me £70.

Xenon 2+ for £180 if it's of any use?

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/364962168688409/?ref=browse_tab&...

Post edited at 13:44
In reply to Tigger:

Yeah, my thoughts. Hmm, might need to re-activate my defunct FB account...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...