UKC

Opinions about Meindl Makalu Pro 3000 MFS boots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
rares 12 Oct 2018

Cheers

I'm just getting into mountaineering and I'm in the market for my first pair of boots. I'm from the Hague and we have an outlet store here that has everything 50% off. Yesterday I found a pair of Meindl Makalu Pro 3000 MFS that were fitting me well at € 150 from € 300. Since it was the only pair and I have a full year to return them if unused I bought them until I make up my mind.

Looking for review online, I didn't find much about them and I was wondering if you guys have any experience with them. I'm currently shopping around and I'm gonna go try som other boots but the high price difference (since i got the discount) drags me toward keeping these.

Nevertheless, in the end the decision will be made with high regards to performance and durability.

Do you suggest other boots? Why?

Thanks a lot for your help

Jellington 12 Oct 2018
In reply to rares:

Hi, 

I'm from Nijmegen myself, never used those boots. They seem a bit old school. But if they fit en you can fit a decent crampon on them I'd reckon they're fine. It's all personal preference. Personally I have a stiffer Scarpa shoe (Scarpa Jorasses I think? It's B3; or in Dutch category D). I got them for 50% because I have ridiculously big feet. But, in conclusion; if they fit your feet well, they fit a crampon, etc. they're fine. 

If in doubt, just watch for some good sales. Boots are on sale all the time, don't be afraid to go to other shops then Bever (don't know where yopu got these boots). If you're in the east of the country, check out Rene Vos in Gorssel (near Deventer). Great service and often sale. 

Groetjes! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...