UKC

outdoor designs emergency shelter

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
aller stud 06 Dec 2006
Recently subscribed to Climb magazine and got a free outdoor designs 2 man emergency shelter. It is able to take 2 poles to stand it upright. Does anyone know if the poles are worth having and if so, where can I get some? Have looked on the outdoor designs website and they didn't appear to have any. I also sent them an email regarding poles but did'nt get a reply and am running out of ideas, please help!!

Banned User 77 06 Dec 2006
In reply to aller stud: I'm guessing they mean walking poles?

As in Leki Poles.
aller stud 06 Dec 2006
In reply to IainRUK: No they are the same as tent poles that run through the material of the shelter (if that makes sense!)
 UKC Forums 06 Dec 2006
This thread was started in the wrong forum and has now been moved.
Please could you try and post in the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.

Forum descriptions - http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/info/forums.html
 9fingerjon 06 Dec 2006
In reply to aller stud:

Sorry we haven't got round to replying to your email yet - we get so busy at this time of year it can take a few days to reply to some emails.
Any of our suppliers should be able to get the poles for you from us as a special order. I don't think anywhere keeps them in stock.
I'm not sure what the price is off hand (I'm not at work at the moment).
I would only get the poles if you know your going to be using the shelter quite a bit (for lunches etc) - they would make things more comfy as the shelter won't take it's shape as much from the inhabitants. For emergency use I'd personally leave the poles at home most of the time to keep weight down. If you need any more help give us a call on 01773601870.

Cheers,

Jon who works at Equip (manufacturers of OD and Rab)
aller stud 06 Dec 2006
In reply to Gustav: Thanks very much!
Stormmagnet 07 Dec 2006
In reply to aller stud: So what you basically got is a bothy bag, useful bit of bit. I would not bother with poles, extra weight and don't add a lot to the function of the thing.
 IainWhitehouse 07 Dec 2006
In reply to Gustav:
> (In reply to aller stud)
> Cheers,
>
> Jon who works at Equip (manufacturers of OD and Rab)

And who neverless wears a ME waterproof in his profile pic. I'd have expected Neil M would shoot people for that sort of thing?
 9fingerjon 08 Dec 2006
In reply to IainWhitehouse:

I know, i know. Neil will probably shoot me!
Unfortunately I used to have a different job, I can asure you that I now own far too much rab stuff (am currently at the desk wearing both a rab t-shirt and gillet).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...