UKC

Outdoor mitts

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Darkskys 01 Dec 2012
I'm just about to buy some Dachstein Mitts as I've only heard great feedback about them. Can anyone else reccomend anything better for around the same price at all? Price being £25 - £30

cheers
 DH 01 Dec 2012
In reply to Darkskys: Buffalo mitts are really good. Love mine!
OP Darkskys 01 Dec 2012
In reply: whats the difference between the dachstein and buffalo? Are the fairly warm?
 RichardP 01 Dec 2012
In reply to Darkskys:
> In reply: whats the difference between the dachstein and buffalo? Are the fairly warm?

Buffalo is basically a pertex that covers a fleacey lining (this is very basic explanation it works and I am not knocking it, but saying that I have never used it)

Dachstein's are an type of Austrian close knitted mit which are very effective. (make sure if you buy the Dachsteins far to big as they shrink alot)

Dachsteins are warm
I can't comment on buffalo mits

DH 01 Dec 2012
In reply to Darkskys: Buffalo's are warm and lightweight too...You can keep them tucked away and pop them on if your hands are suffering and not loose too much dexterity. Mine have stood up to a few years of heavy use.

I can't comment on Dachstein's as I've never worn them.
 wilkesley 01 Dec 2012
In reply to Darren Hollins:

As an old fart who has both types of glove, I prefer Buffalo Both are excellent, but Buffalo don't restrict your ability to use your hands tying knots, etc. Also as mentioned above they are less bulky.
In reply to Darkskys:

Dachsteins are much harder wearing and stick to the rock. They also look more retro.

Buffalo feel great, pertex too feeble to climb with. They dry much faster.

Stuart
 Ramblin dave 01 Dec 2012
In reply to Darkskys:
The first time my girlfriend wore Buffalo mitts on a winter walk, she complained that it felt like cheating because her hands were so warm!
OP Darkskys 02 Dec 2012
In reply to Darkskys: cheers guys!
 John Foster 02 Dec 2012
In reply to Darkskys:

£23.50 in Joe Brown's in Capel Curig I think.

Very tempting as mine blew away many years ago!

Managed to resist though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...