UKC

Paramo Velez Evolution?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 r.king 11 Oct 2018

Has anyone used the latest Velez smock? Can't find any proper reviews of its performance. 

https://www.paramo-clothing.com/en-eu/explore-range/product/?pk=626E9539-10...

Never used Paramo gear but need to get something for this autumn/winter for heavy usage in Scotland. 

Previously used hardshells to varying degrees of success but keen to try other options. 

Diddy 13 Oct 2018

I have the Furtech Claw jacket which is a similar fabric to Paramo; great jacket with the pit zips you can organise it like Gilet with other ventilation options, though let them breath covering them up with Poncho which I did once in a deluge can lead to it wetting out.

In likely wet weather I use the Paramo Cascada pants which again have  lots of ventilation options. I do go the full hog in likely wet weather and use Paramo shirt and long johns and boxers so if inundated upon at least you are still warm.

cousin nick 15 Oct 2018
In reply to r.king:

I have the older Velez Adventure smock. Bought new in 2007 and still going strong after numerous washes and reproofs (generally once a year!). Really impressed with this smock compared with previous Goretex hardshells.  Not so sure about the twin zip concept of the Evolution - I always perceive zips as potential leaks!

N

OP r.king 16 Oct 2018
In reply to cousin nick:

Ye I think the fabric could work well for myself, but can't  decide if the new fangled zip combo is really worth it. Like the idea of versatility and venting but definitely looks like it could be leaky

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...