UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: Patagonia Super Alpine Jacket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 10 Aug 2011
Patagonia Super Alpine Jacket, 3 kbA classic reborn in Gore-tex: Our bomber big-mountain jacket is engineered with waterproof/breathable 3-layer nylon Gore-Tex Pro Shell for alpine climbing or ski mountaineering in the worst possible conditions.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=3971
 radson 10 Aug 2011
In reply to UKC Gear:

I have spent a long time looking for an light orange jacket with lime green highlights...yikes.
 beardy mike 10 Aug 2011
In reply to UKC Gear: I started to read this but only got as far as the price... 500 quid? Jeez louise! For something that is inevitably going to get trashed if used for what it's meant that's quite steep!
 Stuzz 10 Aug 2011
In reply to UKC Gear:

Is it wrong that i actually love the colours?
 mlt 10 Aug 2011
In reply to mike kann:

Thought the exact same thing on the price... that is freakin' steep! Great gear but at the end of the day... it is just a jacket?
 stewieatb 10 Aug 2011
In reply to UKC Gear:

This is what you get when you create an item which is subject to both the "Chouinard Tax" and the "Gore-Tax"; a piece of clothing so expensive it will never sell. If you've ever wondered why Patagonia normally uses its own w/proof fabrics, this is why.
 steveej 10 Aug 2011
In reply to UKC Gear: £500 your habin a laugh. The only people who will buy this are bankers and rich city types.

Patagonia - you are straying from your roots
 Kyle Warlow 10 Aug 2011
In reply to UKC Gear:

No ta
 Damo 10 Aug 2011
In reply to stewieatb:
> (In reply to UKC Gear)
>
> the "Chouinard Tax" and the "Gore-Tax" ...

Very good! But that's not all .... They're US$599 in the US, which right now is 'only' UKSt369 yet going for UKSt500!

With extra taxes like that you Englanders should be rioting in the streets. Oh, wait ...
 stewieatb 10 Aug 2011
In reply to Damo:

> With extra taxes like that you Englanders should be rioting in the streets. Oh, wait ...

Well done to you too It's not just the taxes though, or the import costs, it's sheer profiteering. The same thing used to happen with MBS mountainboard kit when I was involved in that sport; you could more or less replace the $ with £ to get the UK price.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...