UKC

Petzl Crampon front bails

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 wupert 07 Jan 2014
Hello,

I am trying to get a better fit with my G14s on my phantom guides, does anyone have a pair of petzl toe bails i could buy?
They are not avaiable as spare parts to buy, but do come as an optional binding with petzl lynx crampons that someone may not want any more?

Cheers
Rob
 Mountain Llama 07 Jan 2014
In reply to wupert:
hi Rob, is the narrow bail offered by grivel going to be any good?

Got this for my trango extremes to make G14s ok, prior to buying I wrapped PVC covered wire around the bail on both sides to centralize the boot which worked ok

Cheers Dave
Post edited at 19:11
 k.shark 07 Jan 2014
In reply to wupert:

Hi go on needlesports website they have offset ones . I changed the fronts on my g14s with the offset ones lot better fit on my guides
 top cat 08 Jan 2014
In reply to wupert:
There are some on ebay at the moment. £20
Post edited at 09:03
OP wupert 08 Jan 2014
In reply to top cat:

The grivel narrow toe bails, and grivel offset toe bails are out of stock at needlesports, and the mountain boot company are waiting on stock from Grivel HQ so it may be a while most likely spring.

The ebay ones look to be newmatic type binding, and won't grip the toe welt? I may be wrong about that.

Cheers rob
 top cat 08 Jan 2014
In reply to wupert:

Yes, they are the strap type. More versatile and forgiving fit wise. I have a preferrence for wire bails, but see a lot of folk climbing harder than me using the strap type so they must be OK.

Might be worth a try if everyone is out of stock?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...