UKC

posing productions website

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BOOGA 22 May 2008
Hi,
anyone ordered directly from posing productions website? I want to purchase a couple of their climbing dvd's but I didnt like the look of their cred card form...didnt seem all that secure.. any thoughts?
 Luke90 22 May 2008
In reply to BOOGA:
What made you think it looked insecure?
The actual appearance doesn't say anything positive or negative about the security. The page is certified and encrypted and they're a well known company. What's worrying you? Always wise to be cautious with your card details but I don't see the actual problem here.
OP BOOGA 22 May 2008
In reply to Luke90:
Nothing on there to suggest to me that it is a secure site. Generally using a credit card, youre directed into a secure section of the site. Well known company or not, I dont fancy putting my details up. Think I'l try needle sports or some of the other shops instead. Looking for hard xs and return 2 sender.
OP BOOGA 22 May 2008
In reply to Luke90:
Got from slackjaw website. Had no hesitation there as process is 100%. Check out the difference yourself, you'll see what I mean. Suppose I'm more careful as I've been ripped off before (nothing to do with the site I was buying from, just someone managed to hijack the info).
 pottsworth 22 May 2008
In reply to BOOGA:
It's a secure page, so just as safe as any other (you can tell from the https:// at the start of the web address for the page)
 haydn 22 May 2008
In reply to BOOGA:
> Nothing on there to suggest to me that it is a secure site.

The address starts with https:// and in whatever browser you're using you should therefore see a padlock symbol appear to indicate that the site is secure. In my browser (Safari) I can then click on the padlock to view the security certificate for the site. In this case, it identifies that the page does indeed belong to posingproductions.com, and has not passed it's expiry date.

There's really no other way to determine that you're on a secure site, as far as I'm aware?
 Luke90 22 May 2008
In reply to BOOGA:
Fair enough but if you're really worried you'd do well to learn what actually indicates security rather than going purely on superficial looks. As a few people have explained, the padlock icon and the https indicate that it's a secure part of the site meaning your details would be encrypted so that they can't be intercepted.
The site was also certified to give you confidence that it wasn't a fake masquerading as posing productions to steal your details.
I'm all for being cautious but if you don't learn what to actually check for you're really no better off.
 johnbale 22 May 2008
In reply to BOOGA:
hey i've brought from them before and have 100% confidence in them. they also stock dvds that are quite hard to get hold of in the uk but which are very very good!

John
Snorkers 22 May 2008
In reply to BOOGA:

Lovely people. Totally trustworthy in my experience. Last time I looked they had one of my little animations (Stu the Sheep snowboarding) on their site, which Al had remixed ( I prefer the original, but there was a bit of a music copyright issue there). I bought a Storms DVD from them for xmas 2-3 years ago; I ordered it ridiculously last minute and they pulled out the stops to get it to me in time.
OP BOOGA 22 May 2008
In reply to all:
Ok, cheers all. They do have a couple of titles I'm interseted in still. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Appreciated.
 sjbutterworth 22 May 2008
In reply to BOOGA:

I bought some stuff before christmas - couple of posters and a DVD I think. Personal contact frrom Alastair to confirm purchase and let me know how and when everything would be sent. Sound.
 Alastair Lee 23 May 2008
In reply to BOOGA: Thanks for all the positive feedback on site, we work hard to ensure an efficient and secure service. Just to confirm the site is fully secure and encrypted, more information can be found at the site here - http://www.posingproductions.com/copy.php?type=site_info&id=9

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...