UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: Rab expands its support for mountain running activities across the globe

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Mountain racing events as well as a team of successful running athletes support the launch of Rab's new SS22 Skyline collection

Read more

In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Good to see the another Kinetic jacket.. I use mine all the time for running as the breathable nature of the fabric fits the bill for sweaty workouts!

Denning76 01 Feb 2022
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Good to see Rab getting more involved in running. With that said, I'm not sure I'd want to associate myself with the Skiddaw Vertical Run. Charging £47 just to run up Skiddaw (compared to £11 quid for the fell race, which includes the down!) is taking the mick.

Post edited at 13:50
 mattyP 01 Feb 2022
In reply to Denning76:

That’s really rather silly but isn’t it?

Denning76 01 Feb 2022
In reply to mattyP:

Imagine what they'd charge to come down too.

In reply to Garethza:

> Good to see the another Kinetic jacket.. I use mine all the time for running as the breathable nature of the fabric fits the bill for sweaty workouts!

Much like you, I'm a big fan of the Kinetic Jacket and have used mine loads. Interestingly I was perhaps a little less of a fan of the latest Kinetic Alpine simply they'd made it a little heavier duty. Whilst this made it far more appropriate for alpinism/mountaineering, what I ultimately wanted it for was exactly what the Kinetic Ultra is designed to do. As such, I'm excited to see how it performs...

In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Indeed, I have the previous version and its ace. I see they do still stock it just under a different name now (Kinetic 2.0 I think?) which looks to be slightly updated. Nevertheless I will probably end up with and ultra when my current one gets to ratty! Look forward to a review if there is one coming!  

In reply to Garethza:

> Look forward to a review if there is one coming!  

There definitely will be

In reply to Denning76:

> Good to see Rab getting more involved in running. With that said, I'm not sure I'd want to associate myself with the Skiddaw Vertical Run. Charging £47 just to run up Skiddaw (compared to £11 quid for the fell race, which includes the down!) is taking the mick.

I’m not here to justify the price, because there’s no denying it’s a lot; however, having had a quick look it looks like a large percentage of that cost is simply to give you access to the festival.

In addition to that there’s the photograph and the t-shirt, which may or may not be a draw - much like the festival for that matter. I suspect it’ll be attractive to some people and totally unattractive to others.

ro8x 02 Feb 2022
In reply to Denning76:

They are going to live stream you staggering to the finish line back to Keswick too. If i'd paid £47 i'd not want publicly shaming as part of the deal.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...