UKC

GEAR NEWS: Rab expands its support for mountain running activities across the globe

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 31 Jan 2022

Mountain racing events as well as a team of successful running athletes support the launch of Rab's new SS22 Skyline collection

Read more

Garethza 31 Jan 2022
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Good to see the another Kinetic jacket.. I use mine all the time for running as the breathable nature of the fabric fits the bill for sweaty workouts!

Denning76 01 Feb 2022
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Good to see Rab getting more involved in running. With that said, I'm not sure I'd want to associate myself with the Skiddaw Vertical Run. Charging £47 just to run up Skiddaw (compared to £11 quid for the fell race, which includes the down!) is taking the mick.

Post edited at 13:50
 Herdwickmatt 01 Feb 2022
In reply to Denning76:

That’s really rather silly but isn’t it?

Denning76 01 Feb 2022
In reply to Herdwickmatt:

Imagine what they'd charge to come down too.

In reply to Garethza:

> Good to see the another Kinetic jacket.. I use mine all the time for running as the breathable nature of the fabric fits the bill for sweaty workouts!

Much like you, I'm a big fan of the Kinetic Jacket and have used mine loads. Interestingly I was perhaps a little less of a fan of the latest Kinetic Alpine simply they'd made it a little heavier duty. Whilst this made it far more appropriate for alpinism/mountaineering, what I ultimately wanted it for was exactly what the Kinetic Ultra is designed to do. As such, I'm excited to see how it performs...

Garethza 01 Feb 2022
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Indeed, I have the previous version and its ace. I see they do still stock it just under a different name now (Kinetic 2.0 I think?) which looks to be slightly updated. Nevertheless I will probably end up with and ultra when my current one gets to ratty! Look forward to a review if there is one coming!  

In reply to Garethza:

> Look forward to a review if there is one coming!  

There definitely will be

In reply to Denning76:

> Good to see Rab getting more involved in running. With that said, I'm not sure I'd want to associate myself with the Skiddaw Vertical Run. Charging £47 just to run up Skiddaw (compared to £11 quid for the fell race, which includes the down!) is taking the mick.

I’m not here to justify the price, because there’s no denying it’s a lot; however, having had a quick look it looks like a large percentage of that cost is simply to give you access to the festival.

In addition to that there’s the photograph and the t-shirt, which may or may not be a draw - much like the festival for that matter. I suspect it’ll be attractive to some people and totally unattractive to others.

ro8x 02 Feb 2022
In reply to Denning76:

They are going to live stream you staggering to the finish line back to Keswick too. If i'd paid £47 i'd not want publicly shaming as part of the deal.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...