UKC

REVIEW: Rab Mythic 200 Sleeping Bag

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 20 Jul 2018
When the sun rises, the caterpillar contemplates emerging from his cocoon, 4 kbIt weighs less than 500g, but takes you comfortably down close to zero. Its impressive warmth-for-weight makes the Mythic 200 a brilliant summer sleeping bag for backpacking, mountaineering and travel, says Dan Bailey

Read more
 MischaHY 20 Jul 2018
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

How would you rate it compared to the Summerlite from Western? 

In reply to MischaHY:

Dan has just gone on holiday, so it may be a few weeks until he responds, but I'm sure he'll get back to you upon his return

Post edited at 13:27
 MischaHY 20 Jul 2018
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Cheers Rob! 

Paul Figg 21 Jul 2018
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

We used the Mythic 600 on our expedition to Janhukot 6805m and were all super impressed with the qualities of the bag. The hydrophobic down performed superbly keeping its loft and warmth after the frozen condensation in the inside of the tent started melting each morning. The warmth / weight ratio also impressed meaning we could keep the weight of the sacks to a minimum.  One of the stand out bits of kit from the trip, highly recommended.

In reply to MischaHY:

Sorry for the delayed reply - I was away, as Rob said.

I'm afraid I've never used or even seen the Western Summerlite so all I can say is that from a very brief look at their website it seems ostensibly quite similar to the Mythic 200: It's marginally heavier, it has slightly more down fill (though I can't see on their website what quality/fill power of down they've used), and it looks to have a similar temperature rating (though I'm not clear what testing standard this conforms to). Not much help I'm afraid...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...