UKC

Rab VR Lite Pull-on

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 martinph78 13 Jan 2014
Quick question: compared to the Vapour Rise jacket, is the Lite pull-on (or alpine lite) less warm?

I know the outer fabric is lighter, but can't find out of the inner fleece is and was wondering how it compared to my VR jacket in terms of warmth.

Run_Ross_Run 14 Jan 2014
In reply to Martin1978:

Id say deffo. Have the lite smock and use it for running, ace for that but wouldn't want to use it in winter without loads underneath for walking/climbing.
Had the normal vr and that was awesome with just a base layer on for Scottish use. Just couldn't get on with the fit.
 Damo 14 Jan 2014
In reply to Martin1978:

Doesn't it have stretchy woven panels down the side? I'm guessing they'd make it less warm than the full VR jacket.

I tried one on a while back and really like it. The fit was trimmer, much better than the usual fat blousey torso on Rab stuff. If I could find one on sale in my size I'd get it
 Iain Thow 14 Jan 2014
In reply to Martin1978:
The fleece on the VR lite is much thinner and less warm, but the outer fabric on the Lite is noticeably more windproof, so in breezy conditions (and assuming you're using it as an outer layer) the difference isn't that great. I do notice a big difference between the warmth of my VR Lite and my VR Guide, but the latter is quite beefed up from the standard VR Jacket.

Iain
 More-On 14 Jan 2014
In reply to Martin1978:
Standard is 105g/m² and lite is 60g/m² according to the Rab website
HTH...
OP martinph78 14 Jan 2014
In reply to More-On: That's the stuff, I didn't spot that for some reason. Thanks.

Thanks all, just the info I wanted. I want to use it to replace my microfleece, so it will get used over my HH baselayer mostly, and under my standard VR jacket in the winter (the smooth outer and no hood should layer better than microfleece). It will also get used as an outer on cool summer evenings, or for general travel/pub duties over just a t-shirt, or a windshirt for cycling.

Will add it to my shopping list

Cheers, Martin

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...