UKC

recommend me a rope....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AdCo82 21 Feb 2013
That is an ideal all rounder for summer scrambles of harder grades, winter ridges and easy winter climbs.

Dry treated is a must.

Cheers,

AT
 blackcat 21 Feb 2013
In reply to An Triubhas: So many to choose from,i have a beal top gun 10.5 does the trick for me.
OP AdCo82 21 Feb 2013
In reply to blackcat:

50m or 60m? what grades have you used it up to both winter and summer?

what is it like for a scrambling rope?
 CurlyStevo 21 Feb 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:
for a scrambling rope personally I'd normally not want more than 30m and pref around 9mm. I don't normally take rope on scrambles though, I just adjust the scrambling grade to weather and conditions and sometimes take rock boots as a back up.
OP AdCo82 21 Feb 2013
In reply to CurlyStevo:

even for the harder scrambles which include full gear placement?
 anaesthetic 21 Feb 2013
In reply to An Triubhas: I've been considering something like heal joker for similar usage. A few are compared here -http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=3765
 anaesthetic 21 Feb 2013
In reply to anaesthetic: Beal joker I meant (auto spelling on my tablet). Shop around for better prices
 CurlyStevo 21 Feb 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:
Even the easier scrambles can include full gear placement or indeed actual rock climbs soloed. For me much of the point of scrambling is I normally do it without a rope, however if I was pushed into a scramble I may need a rope for on the day it still generally wouldn't get used and would stay in the bag.

I tend to see a rope as a back up for scrambling rather than pitching being part of the experience. That's why I generally would go for something short and lightweight and would compromise some of the security of having a thicker rope to do this. Obviously if that's appropriate for you is highly dependent on your aspirations, confidence and ability.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...