UKC

Recommendations for a 35 litre climbing sac

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jasonC abroad 16 Mar 2019

My old Berghaus Arete 35 has finally died, so I'm looking for something similar, mainly for climbing (rock and winter) but also day walks.  I've had a good look around but can't really find anything that looks good.

Does not have to be 35 litres anything up to 40ish would be fine.

Thanks

Jason

HeMa 16 Mar 2019
In reply to jasonC abroad:

'Ryx Alpha's, but they be spendy.

New Blue Ice sacks also look stellar. Might get one to replace the orig. Warthog I have.... in like a millenia or so, when it finally breaks.

tehmarks 16 Mar 2019

I second the recommendation for the Arc'teryx Alpha FL. I bought one a couple of years ago as an alpine daysack, and figured it'd see very little use on account of how terrifyingly light it feels. Misgivings were misplaced; the thing is bombproof and now gets dragged everywhere from Curbar to Chamonix.

The main selling points for me are that it is entirely devoid of clever features and straps, and that it's essentially waterproof and doesn't need faffing about with drybags or covers to keep stuff dry in inclement weather. Quite a useful feature for Scotland...

Dr.S at work 16 Mar 2019

MH scrambler 35 RT

tough, simple, light.

waterproof

Myfyr Tomos 16 Mar 2019

Take a look at the Aiguille Alpine website. very light, no frills and bombproof. Proper rucksacks.

Rob Exile Ward 16 Mar 2019

Very happy with my Deuter Guide 35. Quality pays.

Marmolata 16 Mar 2019

These questions are difficult to answer because no one has used a dozen packs and everyone has different requirements. I personally like my ortovox trad 35 but not the ones so much the exped core. 

jethro kiernan 16 Mar 2019

Arc’teryx alpha fl, bombproof, waterproof and no extra straps and buckles

OP jasonC abroad 17 Mar 2019

Thank everyone, some nice suggestions, think I'm going to go for an Arc'Teryx one probably the ALPHA AR 35, looks like an exact replacement for the old one, plus I know that this is a company with a good reputation. 

Was not sure about the Deuter Guide due to the lack of bungee cord and the extra zips.

Thanks

Jason

kj001 17 Mar 2019

Osprey Mutant 38. Light, comfortable and does everything you need.

jezb1 17 Mar 2019

Patagonia Ascentionist for me.

BnB 17 Mar 2019
In reply to jezb1:

> Patagonia Ascentionist for me.

Yep. +1 (after exhaustive comparisons, but my criteria might be different)

olddirtydoggy 17 Mar 2019

How do you know any of these will fit your back without trying them on?

Andy Hardy 18 Mar 2019

If your pockets are not deep enough for arctryx, how about one of the simond bags from decathlon? £40 gets you a 35l sack available in 2 different back lengths. I've got one, and I'm pretty happy with it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...