UKC

Recommended shoes for limestone and slate

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 the power 01 Jun 2014
As the titles says oh and ive got wide feet cheers phil
 gd303uk 01 Jun 2014
In reply to the power:

la Sportiva Miura .

end of thread

OP the power 01 Jun 2014
In reply to gd303uk:

> la Sportiva Miura .

> end of thread

Lace or velcro?
 jezb1 01 Jun 2014
In reply to the power:

Whatever fits best.

End of thread

On a serious not I like my Anasazi velcros for slate and greens for limestone. It's not my shoes that hold me back.
weakdave 01 Jun 2014
In reply to the power:

anasazi vcs do everything if you can stand the smell!
 gd303uk 01 Jun 2014
In reply to the power:
I have had two pairs of the laces, brilliant for wide feet (i have hobbit like feet), and climb a lot of slate and dabble in a good bit of local limestone, they are great for edging and getting onto and into small foot placements.
I know each person will have their own preference but i would rate these over the anasazi laces , ( i have the whites )
not tried the anasazi velcros they could be great.
true whatever fits best is the best advice.
Post edited at 22:02
 AlanLittle 01 Jun 2014
In reply to the power:

I like Miura Laces. If you have really wide feet, Katana Laces have a bit broader last - too wide for me - but otherwise quite similar and lots of people seem to like them.
 WILLS 02 Jun 2014
In reply to the power:

Anasazi blanco's for me. They fit my narrow feet great. Shame they are discontinued. I have 2 boxes of new ones in the cupboard. Should see me through until they re release them.
 TobyA 02 Jun 2014
In reply to AlanLittle:
> I like Miura Laces. If you have really wide feet, Katana Laces have a bit broader last - too wide for me - but otherwise quite similar and lots of people seem to like them.

NOooooo!!!!!! (well, ok, really???!!!!) I have fat feet and Miuras, they are really tights so I keep them just for stuff that is hard for me, but when I bought them I tried on Katana laces and found totally the opposite to you - they were much narrower. This was a couple of years back now I guess.

I haven't climbed on slate for a decade, but I found a rigid shoe is good for those micro edges so I think Miuras would be good if they fit you well. Ondra seems to do quite well in them on limestone too!
Post edited at 09:20
 AlanLittle 02 Jun 2014
In reply to TobyA:

I measured Miuras and same size Katana Laces and the Kats were 5mm wider at the broadest point.

This was admittedly when both pairs were far from new, but I know in general Miuras fit me like a glove, and my feet feel like they're swimming around in Katana Laces.
 And Climb 02 Jun 2014
In reply to the power:

Scarpa's have a nice wide fit. The lace-up vapours are mega for edging but the velcro's might be worth a look as well. 1.5 - 2 sizes down seems about right.
OP the power 18 Jun 2014
In reply to the power:

Went with katana lace they seem to be doing the job cheers for the replies
 MischaHY 18 Jun 2014
In reply to the power:
Scarpa Vapour V's. Phenomenal precision for edging and smearing in my experience, plus the heel is good.
Post edited at 12:03

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...