UKC

Red chilli stratos sizing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Andy Gamisou 01 Feb 2019

Anyone got any advice on sizing for red chilli stratos climbing shoes?

ianstevens 01 Feb 2019
In reply to Andy Gamisou:

try them on

Hi Andy,

I've been in touch with the guys at Red Chili to see if they can offer any further advice. It's always nice to know whether a shoe is wide/narrow or low/high volume before giving them a go, as it gives you a ballpark figure for how they'll feel - not to mention whether they have the potential to fit your feet.

I'm also aware that they're running a fair few boot demos over the coming months, so it could be worth keeping your eye out for one taking place near you.

Andy Gamisou 01 Feb 2019
In reply to ianstevens:

> try them on

Suppose I  could, although it would require a 4000 mile round trip, which might make the shoes a tad pricey.  Thanks for the useful tip though. 

Edelrid 01 Feb 2019

Hi Andy,

Firstly thanks for your interest in Red Chili, it's great that you like the shoes!

The Stratos is unfortunately discontinued for 2019, however we do have some new models out this year. That we believe will be some of the best high-end shoes available. 

See this link: https://www.redchiliclimbing.com/en/climbing-shoes.htm

However, if you do want a pair of Stratos it'd be worth you checking out this chart that tells you about the fit of all our shoes. Of course trying them on would always be the best bet before buying: 

https://media.redchiliclimbing.com/images/attribut/RC_Schuhgroessenberater_...

Hope that helps and thanks again for your interest!

Andy Gamisou 01 Feb 2019
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

> Hi Andy,

> I'm also aware that they're running a fair few boot demos over the coming months, so it could be worth keeping your eye out for one taking place near you.

Cheers, not very likely sadly.

johncook 01 Feb 2019
In reply to Edelrid:

Are you going to re-establish a UK dealer network for Chilis.

I have been a dedicated chili wearer for a decade and a half. As you bring out new models it would be nice to be able to go somewhere and try them on and also buy them from stock. I would prefer to spend a little extra for my gear and support a 'bricks and mortar' business, but for the moment I buy on-line from the cheapest supplier I can find, usually German.

Your stockists in the UK used to be quite extensive, but now, whenever I try someone on your UK dealer list, they say they have chilis but when you get there they don't have any and they then try to sell you a competitor shoe. 

I gambled on Fusion when you brought it out and the gambled paid off. The gamble with the matador didn't. I wear either fusion or spirit VCR but there is a difference in fit/size between them.

Edelrid 07 Feb 2019
In reply to johncook:

Hi John,

Thanks for your message and obvious interest in Red Chili.

We're currently working hard to get Red Chili fully established again in the UK after a long period of not being available for purchase in the UK market.

As Rob stated in a previous post, we've recently hosted a lot of boot demos and plan for more at the end of the year. It would be worth you coming down and giving some of the new models a try.

In the mean time we have a large number of UK based retailers all stocking a wide selection of Red Chili, many of which have physical shops where you'll be able to try on the shoes and find the perfect fit for you.

Thanks again for your interest

johncook 07 Feb 2019
In reply to Edelrid:

Where is the nearest to Sheffield?

Are you doing a demo at Awesome Walls Sheffield in the near future. (Before the outdoor season starts!) There are quite a few chili wearers at Awesome and some of their shoes are looking badly in need of replacing!

Edelrid 08 Feb 2019
In reply to johncook:

Hi John,

We haven't confirmed all the demos happening at the end of this year.

Our current Sheffield stockist is Crag X based at the Foundry Climbing Centre, if you would like to go down and try some shoes on the staff would be happy to assist.

Furthermore if you want a pair that they don't stock they'll happily order them in for you.

Hope that helps

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...