UKC

Rock shoes.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Connolly8684 28 Sep 2013
Can anyone recommend a quality pair of rock shoes?
Just stating to up my game whilst climbing so thought I'd improve my basic shoes I've had for far too many years. Something that's wide fitting, with laces preferably.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Connolly8684.
 Giles Davis 28 Sep 2013
In reply to Connolly8684:

Red Chilli Spirits are cheap (£55 ish) and should be fine up to around French 6b (so E1/E3 I guess).

They're nice and comfortable.

Giles
 And Climb 28 Sep 2013
In reply to Connolly8684: Scarpa Vapours. Come in velcro or lace.
 ripper 28 Sep 2013
In reply to Connolly8684: As the previous poster says, Scarpa has the reputation of fitting wider feet well, but (despite being a widey myself) I've never tried them - yet. Have led E3 and seconded E4 in 5.10 Gambits though.
 Voltemands 29 Sep 2013
In reply to Giles Davis: what he <<< says. Great all day shoe.
 GrahamD 30 Sep 2013

For wide feet I find Velcros easier to adjust. I've used Red Chili Spirit VCRs for a while mow and the 3 straps really helps get good fit.
 turtlespit 30 Sep 2013
In reply to Connolly8684: as mentioned some scarpas are reasonably wide. I've found the Instinct range the best for my feet - found the vapours and boostic a bit narrow. Some of the less aggressive scarpa shoes have the same last as the instinct - check scarpa.co.uk/climb

Re: 5.10 gambits, they start relatively narrow (at least on my feet), but then stretch out quite well.

5.10 Galileos are also a wider fitting version of the Anasazi VCS.

Also consider what material the shoes are made of - some will stretch more than others.
OP Connolly8684 03 Oct 2013

Much obliged people, tried on all shoes mentioned and hesitantly went for the Gambits, one climb later - loved them. Thanks.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...