UKC

Salomon Pro Thermic

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
5cifi - BAD SELLER 14 Jun 2009
Has anybody got any users advice on the Salomon Pro Thermic B3 boot ?

Also, why don't Salomon make mountain boots any longer ?
 dasc 14 Jun 2009
In reply to 5cifi: I have a pair, they may be fine for Alpine winter or The Greater Ranges but find them too cumbersome and slight overkill for Scottish winter and most summer alpine ,for which I use a pair of Asolo Peak boots.
In reply to dasc: I have a pair to, and I can't seem to find way i like them so much. They huge, heavy, cumbersome, but I want another pair. Fantasic boot
Removed User 14 Jun 2009
In reply to 5cifi:
hi,
ive used mine on gran paradiso for a few days and mont blanc, youre right they are heavy and definately overkill for alps in the summer (i wore them on the plane to save a bit of weight and space). I was going to use them on elbrus this year but unfortunately that trip fell through and had to sell them to finance something less pricey. despite their weight I loved them, had them twice for almost 18 hrs on without any problems.had to use a longer bar for my crampons. hope this helps
regards
sebastian
In reply to Removed Usersebastian74: Was it you who I bought them off for about £70 ?
Removed User 14 Jun 2009
In reply to 5cifi: hi,
I think it was me, If you got them from poole in dorset in april this year it must have been me, have you used them since without any problems, hope it was a good buy for you
regards
sebastian
In reply to Removed Usersebastian74: I can't remember, Sebastian Gulka ?

I use them up in the Cairns twice and once in norway, and after 3 outings, I've fell in love with them.
Removed User 14 Jun 2009
In reply to 5cifi:
hi,
I am very pleased to hear that and yes thats me. by the way Id love to be that busy as youve recently been,well maybe one day. Before I got them Id written with a member who successfully wore them on aconcagua with overboots. Im not surprise they have a wide fit and a generous toe box leaving plenty of space for swelling and extra insoles
seb
In reply to Removed Usersebastian74: Good to hear from you. I love them. Can't wait for november to come. Prefer cold places for some strange reason, its what I'm best at! The wide fit of them, and it is wide who hasn't seen a pair, was enough for my fat foot and socks. When you say a member wore them on Aconcagua, was that these actually boots, the ones you sold to me ?
Removed User 14 Jun 2009
In reply to 5cifi:
hi,
No,he wore this model of salomons,not the actual pair. Id done a bit of a research before I got them from summits, youre the second owner
seb
In reply to Removed Usersebastian74: What date had you bought them ?

I was wondering when Salomon stopped making the pro thermic and the pro ice. And when they stopped making mountain boots all together ?

Sorry for all the questions, just curious
Removed User 14 Jun 2009
In reply to 5cifi:
no, not at all
got them appr. in march, april 2008 from summits.co.uk.as far as I remember you might be able to find the actual production date on the box I sent you. Personally I didnt wear the pro ice but tried to get them for my wife for via ferrata and some winter walking, without any success though
seb
In reply to Removed Usersebastian74: I threw the box away when I got them. I'll contact Salomon with some numbers on the boot tonight.

I have a couple of pairs of Salomon SM Lites and wanted to try the pro ice, but with no success.

Shame, because I prefer Salmon over all the boot makers, Scarpa, La Sportiva, Asolo; all rubbish compared to my Salomon's.
Removed User 14 Jun 2009
In reply to 5cifi:
my friend wore pro ice on gran paradiso with in- step points , he absolutely loved them, they felt really light when I held them.
seb
In reply to Removed Usersebastian74: I wont give up on my quest. I'll let you know if I ever get a pair!

Come to think of it my ski boots and ski touring boots are also Salomon's.

Black Diamond make the best climbing/ski gear. Salomon did make the best boots.
 Jamie Hageman 14 Jun 2009
In reply to 5cifi: Let me know if you find a contact for Salomon, because I too am a huge fan of their boots, particularly the Pro Trek 7/Alp 7 and the Pro Ice. Need to find a pair of the old Pro Trek 7s, as the only boot that comes close in terms of fit, warmth and comfort is the Berghaus Kibo and they're a lot pricier and heavier
In reply to Jamie Hageman: Hi mate,

Sure drop me an email with your email address so I don't forget and I'll be sure to send any info I get to you

gmptvcugmp@gmail.com

I don't know why they are so good, but they are.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...