UKC

Scarpa Chimera - thoughts?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bouldery bits 16 Jun 2017

Hi folks,

Anyone used these?

I loved the old 5.10 Quantum for bouldering and Sport. Unfortunately the new ones just aren't the same.

These look like a potentially good replacement. Would be interested to hear from anyone who's used them.

Thanks,

BB

(This research is cheering me up as I've just been told I have an inguinal hernia and am not allowed to train properly til it's sorted, which will likely be a couple of months)
Post edited at 20:50
OP bouldery bits 16 Jun 2017
In reply to bouldery bits:

Anyone?
OP bouldery bits 17 Jun 2017

Nope?
 neuromancer 17 Jun 2017
I would guess that because quantums are incredibly narrow and scarpa boots on average tend to have a wider fit, you might be better looking elsewhere?

Perhaps unhelpful?
Post edited at 20:19
 remus Global Crag Moderator 18 Jun 2017
In reply to neuromancer:

I've got the dragos which are from the same last as the chimeras, I think. They're actually quite narrow by Scarpa standards.

If you got on with the quantum's I think the chimeras are definitely worth a go. I found the dragos to start off a lot softer than the quantums but they haven't changed much so far. The heel/toe hooking is way better on the dragos than the quantums.

Be a bit careful with the sizing, they're soft shoes so if you get them too big they'll feel really baggy and useless.
OP bouldery bits 18 Jun 2017

Really helpful both,

Many thanks.

BB

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...