UKC

Scarpa Force VS Red Chilli Corona VCR

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GridNorth 21 Sep 2013
My indoor shoes are worn through at the toe and as the cost of resoling and rand patches will be somewhere in the region of £50 when P&P is included I'm thinking that I would rather spend that on new shoes.

There are deals going on Scarpa Force and Red Chili Corona VCR so I was hoping for some feedback on their performance/durability etc. I once had some Red Chili Habanaros that I really rated but I seem to have had Sportiva's for the last few years. I hope to be climbing 6c and if my fingers hold out 7a over the winter months.
 And Climb 21 Sep 2013
In reply to GridNorth: The forces are pretty soft as in flexy soft. The force x's on the other hand are stiffened up a bit.
 TobyA 21 Sep 2013
In reply to GridNorth: I've had a pair of Forces since 2010, review of them here: http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=2947

They've been superb but are pretty worn now and I'm quite miffed I can't find any in my size anymore - the Force X fits totally differently, and in my case "doesn't fit". I don't climb that hard, but I've climbed to 6b and E2 in mine, but have also worn them on 13 pitch routes in comfort.
OP GridNorth 22 Sep 2013
In reply to GridNorth: Thanks guys that's exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Isn't UKC great when it's like this. Unfortunately it all a little academic now as they didn't have my size. It looks like I'll have to dig deep, demote my velcro Muira's to wall climbing and get a pair of lace ups for best.
 Neils 22 Sep 2013
In reply to GridNorth: what size are you wanting
OP GridNorth 22 Sep 2013
In reply to Neils: For which make? My shoe size is 42. My Muiras are 41 but very comfortable so I suspect a Muira lace will be similar. I've no idea with Red Chilli and Scarpa but I suspect 41, 41.5 or 42.
 Neils 22 Sep 2013
In reply to GridNorth: 44 for the scarpas so no good sorry

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...