UKC

Scarpa Jorasses Pro GTX - how warm?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 geordiepie 06 Feb 2013
Looking for a bit of advice on the warmth of these boots please.

I'm off to the Tien Shan in August and will be going up to 5500m max and just wondering if my Jorasses will be warm enough, or whether I should be looking at something like a Phantom Guide or even 6000?

They fit well and ideally I don't want to be forking out for new boots if it can be helped.

Any advice appreciated.
 Jack Finney 06 Feb 2013
In reply to geordiepie:

If it were me I would get a pair with more insulation. I had some Freney's, model before the Jorasses. I found them to be very poor even when the temps dropped below -5, they are built for summer alpine really. Just my 2p. You could get some cheap Omegas on Rock&Run ,if they have your size, much warmer!
 LucaC 06 Feb 2013
In reply to geordiepie: I've had cold feet in Phantoms at 3800m in the Alps, sure wouldn't want to try a lighter boot at 5500!
 Captain Gear 06 Feb 2013
In reply to geordiepie:

I've got a pair of Jorasses Pro and I would consider taking them to those sort of altitudes.

I would definitely take a pair of double boots with removable inner if I were you and going to a remote location like that. I once took a pair of Sportiva Baturas to the Karakorum. They got soaked through and once they got wet were near impossible to dry.

I would take boots like Sportiva Spantiks, Phantom 6000m or Scarpa Omegas (which can generally be picked up pretty cheaply). The Omegas aren't that waterproof and I would probably uses them with a glued on pair of Yeti gaiters.

HTH
OP geordiepie 06 Feb 2013
In reply to geordiepie:

Thanks all....you've confirmed what I thought and my wallet feared
 Captain Gear 06 Feb 2013
In reply to geordiepie:

If your feet are this size this is an exceptionally good deal.

http://www.rockrun.com/products/Scarpa-Omega.html
OP geordiepie 06 Feb 2013
In reply to Captain Gear:

Aye £89 is pretty damn good....none in my size unfortunately

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...