UKC

Scarpa maestro

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mical 04 Jan 2021

Just bought new pair of Scarpa maestro. 

Noticed on both shoes a small split in rubber above big toe. Is this a manufacturing design to relieve pressure on toe. I found splits on the side of my older maestro midi but they were a manufacturing design so wondering if the maestro (low cut version) has this as well. 

c9smith8 04 Jan 2021
In reply to Mical:

Yes both my pairs of maestro’s have a split line from the big toe curving to the inside edge.

Brilliant pair of shoes for all day use - enjoy!

Post edited at 19:14
OP Mical 05 Jan 2021
In reply to c9smith8:

Thanks for the reply can you confirm if the split is open ( only slightly) and you can see a small amount of the tounge material. I have a pair of the maestro mid not noticed it on them but extremely comfortable

Post edited at 09:45
 c9smith8 05 Jan 2021
In reply to Mical:

Right at the tip of the split (at the front of the toe box) it is open ever so slightly - where the 2 edges of the split are just butt-jointed together. Moving back up the shoe from here the rubber is overlapped and glued together. 

On my totally unused pair I cannot see any material through the tip of the split line, but on my very well worn pair the split has opened slightly and you can see some material.

It looks to me like the rand/toe patch is made from one piece of rubber and the splits are needed to wrap the rubber around to fit the toe box's shape, so seems perfectly normal/intentional.

timparkin 05 Jan 2021
In reply to c9smith8:

> Right at the tip of the split (at the front of the toe box) it is open ever so slightly - where the 2 edges of the split are just butt-jointed together. Moving back up the shoe from here the rubber is overlapped and glued together. 

> On my totally unused pair I cannot see any material through the tip of the split line, but on my very well worn pair the split has opened slightly and you can see some material.

> It looks to me like the rand/toe patch is made from one piece of rubber and the splits are needed to wrap the rubber around to fit the toe box's shape, so seems perfectly normal/intentional.

Yep - totally agree and have the same on my two pairs

OP Mical 05 Jan 2021
In reply to c9smith8:

Much appreciated

OP Mical 05 Jan 2021
In reply to timparkin:

Many thanks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...