UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: Scottish Mountaineering Club guide to The Outer Hebrides

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 20 Jul 2018
SMC The Outer Hebrides Sample Page, 3 kbFor the first time in recent history, the jewel of Scottish (possibly even British!) sea cliff climbing gets the SMC comprehensive guidebook treatment. Written by the activists themselves, this guide provides the go-to resource for climbing in the Outer Hebrides. Uninhabited islands, committing sea cliff adventures, seaside cragging, mountain cliffs and the mighty Sron Uladail - all in one book.

Read more
In reply to UKC Gear:

Scottish Mountaineering Club guide to The Outer Hebrides: aka. guidebook to the best rock climbing in the world...

In reply to UKC Gear:

There will be endless hours spent flicking through this! Looking forward to having it!

Ed Booth 20 Jul 2018
In reply to UKC Gear:

This should provide some comfort and psyche through the dark winter months. Looks amazing!!

El Greyo 20 Jul 2018
In reply to UKC Gear:

We went to Lewis a couple of years ago and Rab gave us PDFs of his draft texts to use. They were text only with no maps or topos but we thought it was very well written and didn't have much problem finding the crags or routes. Which, considering these are sea cliffs which we approached from the top, I would think is a difficult task to describe.

So now, looking at the example pages with good topos, maps and photos, I think it likely that this will be an excellent guide. Looking forward to getting mine.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...