UKC

Sea to Summit Reactor Extreme

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Skip 06 Jan 2019

Sea to Summit Reactor Extreme - does anyone have an experience using one of these liners? Are the claims of adding 15 degrees c true?

In reply to Skip:

I used one a few years ago. I wasn't that impressed with it so I don't think their claims stack up. At the end of the day it's basically a fairly thin bit of material so its not going to do very much. 

spenser 07 Jan 2019
In reply to Skip:

It's a little bit warmer than a cotton liner but not much, not worth the dosh really though...

OP Skip 07 Jan 2019
In reply to Neil Carruthers:

As I thought. Any suggestions on any other solutions to increase the warmth of my sleeping bag?

Dell 07 Jan 2019
In reply to Skip:

My Mrs got one and reckons it makes a big difference. I guess YMMV with subjective bits of kit like this. 

Dell 07 Jan 2019
In reply to Skip:

> As I thought. Any suggestions on any other solutions to increase the warmth of my sleeping bag?

What bag do you have?  More importantly what mat do you have? 

Dave Cundy 07 Jan 2019
In reply to Skip:

To add 15 degs C to the bag's rating, I'd expect the liner to be about an inch thick (the same goes for a sleeping bag).  I presume the liner's not that thick?

Jimbob11 07 Jan 2019
In reply to Skip:

Nearly purchased one. Then seen that actually it packs down small but not that small and isn’t that light. The model I was looking at wasn’t anyway. 

I added a few quid extra to the budget and got a lightweight synthetic jacket which can be used for wearing at night in the bag (and other times), on the mega a pair of thermals do me well. 

James. 

OP Skip 07 Jan 2019
In reply to Dell:

Snugpak softie expansion 3, rated -5 comfort, -10 low

OEX self inflating mat

OP Skip 07 Jan 2019
In reply to Dave Cundy:

>  I presume the liner's not that thick?

It's as thin as any standard liner

Dell 08 Jan 2019
In reply to Skip:

Not as thin as a silk liner, not even a cotton one. It's about 3 times as bulky when packed. The material is similar to a mid weight baselayer. 

I can't see it adding 15 degrees, maybe 5 or 6. 

I can see the benefit if you're in quite a loose bag, as it would trap warmer air against your body. 

T38 08 Jan 2019
In reply to Skip:

I have one, nice but only adds a few degrees imo. Not worth the ££

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...