UKC

Shoe resoles

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 David Coley 20 May 2019

Hi, 

feet first say: We are currently experiencing a high level of demand for repairs and our turnaround time for climbing shoes is 9 - 10 weeks

Llanberis are out of rand rubber

The shoe doctor is not replying to emails

I've not liked the work by Cheshire before.

Any other recommendations, please.

Thanks

OP David Coley 20 May 2019
In reply to David Coley:

Just found LSR. Anyone used them?

I've trying the get a pair of Sportiva resoled in case that is important

In reply to David Coley:

Try George in Greece. His craftsmanship is superb.

jonnie3430 21 May 2019
In reply to David Coley:

It's about £40 a pair now which is nearly the same as cheap shoes from decathlon, so I chose to go for the latter (indoor and easy days,) and have been impressed. My proper shoes now don't need resoled so much (I'm amazed at how long they've lasted, must be the indoor that does them in.)

Post edited at 06:33
 Mick Ward 21 May 2019
In reply to Christheclimber:

> Try George in Greece. His craftsmanship is superb.

That's exactly what my mate said.

[To the OP]  I know it seems a bit bonkers, sending your shoes to Greece but apparently he's not expensive at all, sends you a little video of your shoes and, if you're happy with what he's done, you pay him. Seems like a great way to run a business. Good on him!

Mick

ericinbristol 21 May 2019
In reply to Mick Ward:

Got a Web address?

Edit: ignore, found him - www.shoedoc.eu

Post edited at 09:32
In reply to David Coley:

I know Feet First are a bit swamped with orders and mine took 10 weeks. However I would also like to put a good word in for them if someone is not in a hurry. The resole job they did was the best I have had 

Alex Riley 21 May 2019
In reply to ericinbristol

Shoedoc.eu

email is fixarock@gmail.com

Had three pairs done last year, all the repairs were excellent quality and have lasted well plus good value and quick turnaround.

Post edited at 09:32
In reply to Alex Riley:

Thanks Alex

OP David Coley 21 May 2019
In reply to Christheclimber:

> Try George in Greece. His craftsmanship is superb.

Unfortunately not replying to emails 

Murd 21 May 2019
In reply to David Coley:

I found calling a better option than mail. As others have said,he does a top job

John1458 21 May 2019
In reply to David Coley:

I emailed him Thursday evening and got a reply Monday morning. Though I also messaged on his Facebook page on Friday and got a reply within a couple of hours. So maybe try that? 

In reply to David Coley:

> Unfortunately not replying to emails 

I’m surprised by that as he usually gets back to me within a couple of hours. His email is fixarock@gmail.com.

Chris

HeMa 21 May 2019
In reply to David Coley:

There are two ShoeDoc. One in Greece and one in Slovenia. Both do stellar job, including No Edges. And I believe the one in Slovenia is pretty swamped with work at the moment. At least he resently dealt with Odd 50 pairs work and I believe he’s doing a similar or even larger order at the moment. And these are just the 2 orders I know from Helsinki, Finland. 

I seem to recall George was pretty swift at answering enquires. So try the other email Addy or FB. 

OP David Coley 22 May 2019
In reply to David Coley:

Thanks everyone

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...