UKC

Smell of weed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ffati 05 Dec 2018

Anyone else have a problem with their moon mat stinking of weed? Mine stinks even the security at the channel tunnel looked at it funny.

Dont have a clue how it stinks like it haven’t had a smoke in years. I even opened it up in case I had taken someone’s secret stash at a crag but was full of foam.

In reply to ffati:

This should be posted in the GEAR forum.

The Lemming 05 Dec 2018
In reply to captain paranoia:

I thought that marijuana was weed and heroine was gear?

tehmarks 05 Dec 2018
In reply to ffati:

I discovered a plant in the Costa Blanca that smells pretty much exactly like weed (but isn't). No idea what it is, but perhaps your mat has been lying in some of it somewhere?

Of course the most likely explanation is to do with stereotypical bouldering, but I'm just applying lateral thinking...

Climbpsyched 05 Dec 2018
In reply to tehmarks:

Lol! Had someone complain several times about weed smoking when in fact it was this plant. Does smell very similar. 

In reply to Climbpsyched:

> Lol! Had someone complain several times about weed smoking when in fact it was this plant. Does smell very similar. 

My neighbours have a ton of this plant in their flat. 

If there's any of it in your bouldering pad you need to watch because it seems to keep catching fire.

Post edited at 21:02
 tehmarks 05 Dec 2018
In reply to tom_in_edinburgh:

That's a novel excuse.

aln 05 Dec 2018
In reply to tehmarks:

Damiana? 

tehmarks 05 Dec 2018
In reply to aln:

I never actually pinpointed the smell to a particular flower (I was halfway up a route the times I smelt it), so I wouldn't be able to ID it.

Trangia 05 Dec 2018
In reply to ffati:

The old hemp climbing ropes had a very strong, and rather nice smell Hemp is a branch of the same species as marijuana.

brownie mike 05 Dec 2018
In reply to tehmarks:

The plant will most probably be Phuopsis stylosa - loads of stories on Google of police being sent round to granny's garden to investigate smelly flower beds... 

In reply to The Lemming:

> I thought that marijuana was weed and heroine was gear?

Gear: vernacular for a drug of choice

If we really must be pedantic about a throwaway joke...

aln 06 Dec 2018
In reply to captain paranoia:

> > heroine was gear?

> If we really must be pedantic

Well in that case we should be pointing out that the drug Lemming's referring to is heroin....

Post edited at 10:06
 UKC Forums 06 Dec 2018
This thread was started in the ROCKTALK forum and has now been moved.
Please could you try and post in the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.

Climbing Gear
Post all your climbing gear-related questions here. You know how you love comparing Friends with Camalots!

More Forum descriptions - https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/info/forums.html
 johncook 06 Dec 2018
In reply to ffati:

I live in a part of Rotherham where the weed smell probably emanates from the neighbours or the local growing facility! (The police do seem to keep finding a lot of people growing these exotic house plants that need so much heat and light that they have to connect to the street lighting circuit!)

In reply to ffati:

> Anyone else have a problem with their moon mat stinking of weed? Mine stinks even the security at the channel tunnel looked at it funny.

> Dont have a clue how it stinks like it haven’t had a smoke in years. I even opened it up in case I had taken someone’s secret stash at a crag but was full of foam.

Have you tried smoking the foam ?

In reply to UKC Forums:

I was joking...

Timmd 07 Dec 2018
In reply to The Lemming:

> I thought that marijuana was weed and heroine was gear?

An old friend once noted that the terms for being high often have violent connotations, 'smashed', 'beat', 'stoned', 'hammered', 'mashed'.  

Sam Mayfield 16 Dec 2018
In reply to tehmarks:

Thats super interesting as we have thought that for years at The Orange House and someone even complained on Tripadvisor about the smell coming up from the campsite.

The staff at the time swore blind no one had been smoking as we ask people to take a walk, especially as we have kids stay etc, maybe I should link my response to this thread! 

Anyone find a photo of what it looks like please send me a link on our facebook page! 

Sam Orange 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...